Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Technical Discussion (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   rustle ui (/forums/showthread.php?t=304566)

Canopus 08-27-2018 12:10 AM

A few bugs

Hey man, nice work! This is my first custom UI to try on P99 and so far so good, except for a few bugs I've found so far.

- After dying and zoning, then opening my inventory, the game crashed. Only happened once so far, will update after I die again.
- After adding the "Collapsible/draggable chat windows with titles" file and reloading the UI, the horizontal hotbutton bar without the extra Primary/secondary/etc slots disappeared. Had to reload the UI without saving my layout to fix it (just reloading didn't fix it).
- In the inventory, I can put things in the 9 and 10 slots of my bags but they're only 8 slot bags. I'm ok with this one though :) Not sure if the items would disappear on logout on not, might try with some trash later.

MilanderTruewield 08-28-2018 07:02 AM

I feel like no one has addressed the fact that Orna is a jealous bitch when it comes to what spells he can cast :P

60 Rangers don't cast Regrowth of the Grove and other such spells. :p

deezy 08-29-2018 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canopus (Post 2763686)
Hey man, nice work! This is my first custom UI to try on P99 and so far so good, except for a few bugs I've found so far.

- After dying and zoning, then opening my inventory, the game crashed. Only happened once so far, will update after I die again.
- After adding the "Collapsible/draggable chat windows with titles" file and reloading the UI, the horizontal hotbutton bar without the extra Primary/secondary/etc slots disappeared. Had to reload the UI without saving my layout to fix it (just reloading didn't fix it).
- In the inventory, I can put things in the 9 and 10 slots of my bags but they're only 8 slot bags. I'm ok with this one though :) Not sure if the items would disappear on logout on not, might try with some trash later.

thanks, i'll take a look into it. may take some time though.

deezy 08-29-2018 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MilanderTruewield (Post 2764359)
I feel like no one has addressed the fact that Orna is a jealous bitch when it comes to what spells he can cast :P

60 Rangers don't cast Regrowth of the Grove and other such spells. :p

you almost found an easter egg

Para99 09-01-2018 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deezy (Post 2765161)
thanks, i'll take a look into it. may take some time though.

The crashing after dying or moving bags into empty slots isn't a problem with how you coded it, it's a problem with the client that wasn't fixed until long after Titanium when the EQtypes for bag slots were changed to <EQType> Inventory/equip 23/0</EQType> instead of the 251-330 EQTypes that Titanium uses.

Jazzael 09-03-2018 06:16 PM

i have a problem that s very strange . I lost my "target window". I found the hotkey to get it back ( CTRL +T ) but it doesn t work.

Any idea?

deezy 09-04-2018 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jazzael (Post 2767475)
i have a problem that s very strange . I lost my "target window". I found the hotkey to get it back ( CTRL +T ) but it doesn t work.

Any idea?

You may need to reset the position of all of the UI elements to get it back. It might be off screen somewhere possibly.

Rredd 09-04-2018 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Para99 (Post 2766623)
The crashing after dying or moving bags into empty slots isn't a problem with how you coded it, it's a problem with the client that wasn't fixed until long after Titanium when the EQtypes for bag slots were changed to <EQType> Inventory/equip 23/0</EQType> instead of the 251-330 EQTypes that Titanium uses.

Reading the posts about crashes rings a bell for me. I've had some crashing/hanging during corpse recovery post death.

Para99: Are you saying it's unfixable? or is it an artifact of the bags open inventory page?

Is there a good substitute inventory page that fits the general look/feel of rustle UI that doesnt have open bags in it? I'm loving the feel of this UI and it integrates very nicely with NParse. I wish GINA timers looked more natural with it. Maybe I can fiddle with Gina to make it look cleaner...

Para99 09-04-2018 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rredd (Post 2768043)
Reading the posts about crashes rings a bell for me. I've had some crashing/hanging during corpse recovery post death.

Para99: Are you saying it's unfixable? or is it an artifact of the bags open inventory page?

Is there a good substitute inventory page that fits the general look/feel of rustle UI that doesnt have open bags in it? I'm loving the feel of this UI and it integrates very nicely with NParse. I wish GINA timers looked more natural with it. Maybe I can fiddle with Gina to make it look cleaner...

It's very specific to the open bags. It's unfixable as long as the open bags are active in the UI. I use open bags in a UI I made for myself, I consider it a worthy tradeoff but I understand why some people don't.

I haven't downloaded this UI and looked at how it's written but there's a specific set of EQType's that are used for open bag slots on Titanium and a few other clients and the EQTypes themselves are bugged, that's why they were one of the few EQType's that got changed in later clients.

It's really simple to remove if you Ctrl+F the <EQType>251</EQType>, take note of whatever the <InvSlotItem=""> that EQType is linked to, scroll to the bottom and delete <Pieces></Pieces> associated with EQtype's 251-300. It's usually 80 lines. Probably should do it with a copied UI folder and make sure it loads in game in case you delete the wrong line.

deezy 09-04-2018 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rredd (Post 2768043)

Try out these options from cucumber's excellent ui > https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...&postcount=159