Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   News & Announcements (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Hardware Donations (/forums/showthread.php?t=402101)

Fammaden 05-07-2022 11:57 PM

This thread will certainly convince them to open a new red server for you fine deserving fellows.

AffEcT 05-08-2022 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zoolander (Post 3456868)
this would result in a macroquest-infested red shithole.

Did you read what he wrote?
He is talking about "Play nice Policy", like training or corpse camping, anything where a staff member can jump in and suspend/ban people on a whim.
Suspending guilds and banning guilds for stuff like this is one of the main reasons why Red99 died. It opens up to the human nature of favouritism and corruption.
You even had a staff member who banned people on Red99 for miscellaneous reasons just so that he could RMT the items on the banned accounts.

Cheating is 100% illegal on all P99 servers and it's an issue where GM's really can make a difference for the betterment of the servers and community.

We just want a new PvP server.
People came together a while back to convince Daybreak to make a TLP PvP server for the EQ PvP community.
They ignored it and I don't know why, but if I could guess it would probably be because of the amount of staff they would need to enforce PNP rules and what not.

Project 1999 managed to recreated the amazing game that we all know and love, it's just that some of us want the R-Rated version.

AenorVZ 05-08-2022 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fammaden (Post 3456977)
This thread will certainly convince them to open a new red server for you fine deserving fellows.

OP: We're not soliciting cash donations in this thread

Dimbulbs: My willingness to give cash donations positions me to dictate terms on a server that's not happening.

Shac 05-13-2022 07:07 PM

https://www.amazon.com/RyzenTM-Beeli.../dp/B09HJQN9RH

derpcake2 05-14-2022 05:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AenorVZ (Post 3457069)
OP: We're not soliciting cash donations in this thread

Dimbulbs: My willingness to give cash donations positions me to dictate terms on a server that's not happening.

You have to be one sad little person to be envious of the fact that people might one day enjoy a new pvp server.

Normal people would just say "its not for me, but have fun guys", but here we are with a dipshit like you that is ignorant of his own character being on display.

Carry on with the good work.

gradyk 05-14-2022 08:32 AM

I will also donate for a new red server to help pay for new hardware. Teams? Different ruleset? EC safe haven? Played rallos zek on live but never on p99.

PM me if this ever becomes possible. 100% percent down.

SeriousSyrium 05-26-2022 08:31 AM

We had a lot of hardware we were donating at work (we replace every two years), I tried to reach out on Discord to Rogean and never heard back, that was over two weeks ago.

blurrysticks 05-31-2022 10:15 AM

I have about 64GB in ram that'll fit an R710 and some hard drives if having some spares will help you for now that's about all I have.

Rushmore 06-08-2022 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smedy (Post 3456743)
I was willing to put up 5000$ paypal towards the project if hb did the same a few years ago but never got a reply, now we're upon tough times, would be willing to put up 2000$ paypal towards the project if they would guarantee a freshly wiped red99 within reasonable time from donation, preferably without any rules because if gms cant enforce the ruleset 100% of the time its better to not have any at all and let the community just develop strategies to deal with training instead

The king has spoken. Only reason RED is dead is that no one listens to RED people.

heartbrand 06-09-2022 09:28 PM

Just happy to be guilded with Rogean on Mischief. Go Celtics.