Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   NPC Bugs (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Dozekar the Cursed (/forums/showthread.php?t=159903)

Orruar 08-01-2014 12:40 AM

Dozekar the Cursed

He was gating, repeatedly, when very close to spawn point (like within ~60 range of spawn).

wycca 08-01-2014 12:53 AM

Also, isn't he a warrior mob, so should he be gating at all?

He also gated and regenned to 40% if I recall (please correct me Orr), not sure he should be at 40% after a gate.

wycca 08-05-2014 02:18 AM

As an extra tidbit, he was sub 9% both times he gated.

lurk 08-05-2014 01:11 PM

I don't remember Doze being a caster or trying to gate. Admittedly I never fought him before he was revamped. Gate would take NPCs to 33% regardless of what HP they are at when they gate.

wycca 08-16-2014 11:17 PM

This guy's changes made him easier (a bad thing imo). He felt just fine before, so not sure what prompted the change. He had his MR increased and his hp cut - I'd rather he be reverted, he was a great fight before, now he's sorta underwhelming. Might be capable of being insta-engaged with a fair sized raid now along with whatever trash you get, not a good thing IMO.

On the bright side he didn't try to gate.

In short, anytime you cut these mobs hp you make the fights exponentially easier because it reduces rng and necessary safety factors. It also reduces the penalty for sloppy play. Mana is also a huge issue in longer fights, so there is little room for fuck-ups, dps dying, and for trash. Alot of that difficulty was removed with Doz and Vindi's hp & other changes.

Man0warr 08-16-2014 11:38 PM

If the change is to bring it in line with their launch hp, I don't see the issue.

Dozekar was not that hard of a fight in Velious, and Vindi was 2 groupable.

wycca 08-17-2014 02:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Man0warr (Post 1579512)
If the change is to bring it in line with their launch hp, I don't see the issue.

Regardless of the reason, I'm not a fan of kunark 2.0 - neckbeard, derp derp faceroll. That's what we're sorta near at this point.

Orruar 08-17-2014 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Man0warr (Post 1579512)

Vindi was not 2 groupable in Velious. Where do you get your info?

Alunova 08-17-2014 08:28 PM

Vindi was a high damage but relatively quick fight and doz was not changed at all this patch, so I'm confused. Will look into it more when I'm home from my work trip.

Would like to get feedback from other guilds

bluejam 08-18-2014 07:29 AM

curious about drop rates.

http://www.legacyofsteel.net/Archives/Post/2001-08-03
Quote:

Perhaps instead of bringing down Kael, Verant should have re-patched Everquest and removed all classes but Warriors/Clerics/Rogues/Wizards and while they are at it they can remove CoV faction from the game. Not that anyone had much reason to be on CoV faction in the first place (thanks Dozekar NERF, 2 tears per kill), but this is like the last "fuck you" that CoV guilds are going to stand for. With ALL the things wrong with this game -- BROKEN quests, BUGGED pathing, WARPING mobs, endless UI GLITCHES -- Verant takes the time to bring down a zone because 80 people out of 300,000+ killed ONE mob? Not only that but their solution is to fuck over enchanters, druids, anyone on CoV faction? Of course no one is surprised. We've seen countless nerfs. But this honetsly has to be one of the most RETARDED, knee-jerk reactions I've ever witnessed.
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/n...00547499666081
Quote:

Drops: Tears required for ToV quests.
Usually 3 or 4 tears will drop off each kill.

looking through patch notes atm.