Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Priests (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   15 Sham+Druid Leveling Spots? (/forums/showthread.php?t=244579)

Ofaelol 06-02-2016 04:46 PM

15 Sham+Druid Leveling Spots?

My RL friend and I try to duo an Ogre Sham+ WE Druid (neither twinked) combo on again, off again. We've spent some time and energy trying to Animal Kite in North Karana, because I read that it's easy and we don't get the pet exp penalty.

What are some different spots that we could try? The Animal charming is proving more finicky and boring than I imagined.

Gumbo 06-02-2016 05:00 PM

Level 15-24 - Oasis for Crocs and Orc Highway.
Level 24-40 - Mistmoore
Level 24-28 - South Karana - Charm Elephants against each other.
Level 28-32 - Everfrost - Charm Mammoths against each other.

Baler 06-02-2016 05:45 PM

East Karana, Kurns Tower, Lava Storm maybe

http://wiki.project1999.com/Per-Level_Hunting_Guide

NegaStoat 06-02-2016 07:04 PM

druid charm doesn't rely on charisma, so it goes strictly by the level vs your level + magic resist checks when cast. At the teens level, charming can be a headache as you'll have more streaky resists due to a shorter level range of dark blues to work with. All that said, Lavastorm for sure. Or Unrest lawn trash to lvl 17 due to zone bonus, but good luck on it not being overcamped if you enter during peak hours.

skottomania 06-10-2016 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NegaStoat (Post 2289692)
druid charm doesn't rely on charisma, so it goes strictly by the level vs your level + magic resist checks when cast. At the teens level, charming can be a headache as you'll have more streaky resists due to a shorter level range of dark blues to work with. All that said, Lavastorm for sure. Or Unrest lawn trash to lvl 17 due to zone bonus, but good luck on it not being overcamped if you enter during peak hours.

Is Enchanter charm the only one that relies on charisma?

RDawg816 06-10-2016 06:05 PM

Yes. Whether you believe it helps bards or not, it's short duration anyways, so not really relevant.

Crashking 06-13-2016 05:44 PM

Alternate Thought.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ofaelol (Post 2289542)
My RL friend and I try to duo an Ogre Sham+ WE Druid (neither twinked) combo on again, off again. We've spent some time and energy trying to Animal Kite in North Karana, because I read that it's easy and we don't get the pet exp penalty.

What are some different spots that we could try? The Animal charming is proving more finicky and boring than I imagined.

One thing I would suggest as being a druid would you look at Gumbo's list of animal mob type zones there, but consider the following instead of charming on things use Snare and Fear with the dot from both of the classes you will get full damage on mob. You can follow and swing on them if you choose for extra DPS or just sit and med while dots do the works and no real risk of damage to the characters.

Crawdad 06-14-2016 12:16 PM

Charm and fear animal is criminally underused in Oasis. I see so many druids soloing when instead they could be charm duoing and alternating on fear/snare... barely lift a finger. Druid's can solo/duo with charm from 14-46 easily now thanks to Velious.