Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Technical Discussion (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Strange disconnects only today (/forums/showthread.php?t=172665)

Lunababy 11-27-2014 09:34 AM

TWC Unplayable Disconnects for p99

UPDATED WITH BETTER INFORMATION

There seems to be a strange case of black-screen "You have been disconnected" issues specific only to p99 including the game servers (red+blue), the wiki, the website, and the forums.

THE PROBLEM

Occasionally and randomly, players will be unable to perform any actions in the game (no outgoing packets are sent, you cannot move/cast/act) but are not in a typical state of disconnection (ie; you can still receive updates from the server, mobs still hit you actively, etc). There is no packet loss and the ingame lag meter will show green 100% until you are terminated with the black screen. The non-game features simply will not load (browser no connection, etc).

This just started last week as of time of this update and has been continuing since. The game is basically unplayable as the disconnects are too frequent and pose too much of a risk.

This issue effects only all p99-related services and other games and websites are working as intended.

THE CULPRIT

So far it seems the only consistency in this ongoing issue is all the victims have Time Warner Cable as its ultimate provider throughout the southeastern US.

Joyelle 11-27-2014 10:31 AM

This was happening to me last night and also this morning. Getting booted to character select but not completely out of game. When this happens I briefly lose connectivity to project1999.com but not the rest of the internet.

Merrik 11-27-2014 10:50 AM

happening to me too, it's really annoying. At least I'm not alone though, makes me a bit more comfortable.

Esheon 11-27-2014 03:06 PM

I don't know if this is the reason, but last night it seemed like anyone who was on Charter cable internet was getting disconnected a few times per hour, while others had no problems.

I had similar issues... some functions not working (spells not landing, chat not posting, unable to click item links and doors, etc) while other things were fine (other players' chat still coming through, combat continuing), usually followed by random drops to character select. Sometimes the game would "catch up", but most of the time it disconnected.

It seemed like the problem was only related to actions *I* took, anything done by an unaffected person still happened correctly.

I also was unable to access project1999.com or the wiki while the issue was happening.

Joyelle 11-27-2014 03:11 PM

I have Time-Warner Cable.

Merrik 11-27-2014 04:19 PM

I do have Charter, but never once during any of my D/C's did my internet actually go down. Streaming netflix wasn't interrupted and my wife playing EQ2 wasn't interrupted...just a short outage to p1999 apparently.

Esheon 11-27-2014 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joyelle (Post 1692888)
I have Time-Warner Cable.

It's possible yours is managed by Charter... They took over about 1.5 million TWC customers back in June. But if not, that might make it a regional concern rather than a provider issue, if you're in the southeast.

Esheon 11-27-2014 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Merrik (Post 1692947)
I do have Charter, but never once during any of my D/C's did my internet actually go down. Streaming netflix wasn't interrupted and my wife playing EQ2 wasn't interrupted...just a short outage to p1999 apparently.

Same here... It was *only* the p99 servers, website, and wiki. Everything else was fine, I was streaming music on my tablet while I was playing.

Merrik 11-27-2014 04:56 PM

are you using the charter DNS addresses they provide? I know they had some issues back a month or two ago where everything went down if you used their DNS. I think I've got mine set to 8.8.8.8 which saved me from their DNS bullshit whenever it happened.

Forza 11-27-2014 05:21 PM

This is also happening to me, I've dc'd over 10 times randomly and have died once while pulling due to it. Annoying...