Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Green Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   Public Service Announcement: Gangrenous Touch of Zum'uul (/forums/showthread.php?t=418474)

SantagarBrax 05-01-2023 04:17 PM

Public Service Announcement: Gangrenous Touch of Zum'uul

Objectively and without a doubt, this spell is not worth more than 2k pp tops and only to complete your spell book.

It doesn't land on anything significant and if it does land, it's inconsistent (resisted 2/3 casts on Glimmer/Shimmer drakes in ToV). As a necro, you should be maximizing your efficiency and this spell does not do that in any meaningful capacity.

Enchanters have over farmed Chardok and want to utilize your ignorance of the spells' abilities to continue ripping the community off. I, along with many other necros, have tested this spell extensively and there is no justification for paying tens of thousands of plat for it, under any circumstances.

Beware the snake oil that is this spell.

Have a great day!

Tunabros 05-01-2023 04:28 PM

drugs + mental illness

Fammaden 05-01-2023 07:35 PM

Nice, good job on the wiki edit too, fuck the farmers.

You have to admit this spell has an elite name though.

SantagarBrax 05-01-2023 08:00 PM

I was being extremely generous with the 2k plat suggestion due to the difficulty in obtaining the spell.

After careful consideration of the functionality and usefulness of the spell in as many scenarios that I could test it in, I've determined that this spell is worth 50p, in my honest opinion.

Trexller 05-01-2023 10:31 PM

yeah there's no point in getting that when Touch of Night exists

Seducio 05-01-2023 11:36 PM

This post reminds me of my old write up of the overpriced enchanter level 55 pet

The truth about Zumaik's Animation

Faxi 05-03-2023 02:43 PM

ya i remember back in the day, before wikis, and Casters Realm and Alla could only speculate on mechanics, players questioned why this spell existed when it cost more and tapped just as much as Touch of Night. Then when we got our hands on it, it just seemed to land sooo much better during raids. it was your "go-to" tap on raids. It was worth every copper. You always had it mem'd.

Years ago on Blue I posted about this spell being junk so i guess it never got fixed. Agreed, worth 50-100 pp to complete your spellbook if you care about that sorta thing.

Toxigen 05-03-2023 04:02 PM

[Fri Jul 29 08:47:25 2022] Unchainedfury tells the guild, 'lol you're talking to the guy who single handedly has changed the philosophy on necro gearing..''

SantagarBrax 05-03-2023 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Faxi (Post 3607769)
ya i remember back in the day, before wikis, and Casters Realm and Alla could only speculate on mechanics, players questioned why this spell existed when it cost more and tapped just as much as Touch of Night. Then when we got our hands on it, it just seemed to land sooo much better during raids. it was your "go-to" tap on raids. It was worth every copper. You always had it mem'd.

Years ago on Blue I posted about this spell being junk so i guess it never got fixed. Agreed, worth 50-100 pp to complete your spellbook if you care about that sorta thing.

I tried researching Casters Realm and Alla on Wayback and didn't have any luck on finding written experiences with the spell to provide any feedback to the dev's here. :(

SantagarBrax 05-03-2023 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seducio (Post 3607317)
This post reminds me of my old write up of the overpriced enchanter level 55 pet

The truth about Zumaik's Animation

I'm glad there are others on this Project whom aren't motivated by greed.

Thanks for that friendly reminder.