Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Blue Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Uncommon Camps (/forums/showthread.php?t=232742)

thesphere 03-25-2016 10:20 AM

Uncommon Camps

Hey all. I'm looking to compile some less common camps across all levels. These camps will typically not be great for money, obviously, since that would make them common camps. I'm just looking for places off the beaten path, preferably not in dungeons.

Any ideas you guys have would be appreciated! And please include suggested level range.

Erati 03-25-2016 10:23 AM

what sort of money / items are you after ? Ballpark for level range?

This question is pretty broad - Sol A has a ton of named camps that can be held down with items ranging from 300 - 2k.

thesphere 03-25-2016 10:25 AM

Not interested in money at all, to be honest. Just new places to exp. I'm currently level 24, but I think a lot of players might like some new ideas.

khanable 03-25-2016 10:30 AM

The sythrax in field of bone are pretty decent for a level 30. They do hit a bit hard for their level but it's easy solo pulls and no one is ever really around. Cool place to fight too, hidden in a cave in the ocean!

Sorn 03-25-2016 10:47 AM

Aviaks (Arena zoneline) and/or the undead gnolls (by SK zoneline) in Lake Rathetear. Good for low-mid twenties, not sure about upper twenties.

khanable 03-25-2016 10:49 AM

Skulking brutes in warsliks woods were also great for a long time. It's gotten pretty well known now, though. :(

The cave with spiders in Thurg used to always be empty on live. Easy place to kill some stuff with guards near by!

Kaight 03-25-2016 11:37 AM

I'm not sure how uncommon this camp is but I only learned of the rabid wolf quest in Qeynos Hills playing p99.

It's a great non-twink newb camp (levels 4-10) as they are pretty easy to kill even if in cloth gear and you get a couple plat per turn in. The wiki might not be 100% accurate as only one of the spawns consistently popped in the /loc listed. The other wolf wandered the zone and was a pain to track down. So sit at one spawn, kill, set the timer, get more exp killing nearby wandering mobs for 7 minutes, kill wolf again. Turned in 8 bagfuls at a time. Got to 10 pretty quickly.

Lojik 03-25-2016 12:00 PM

Troll guards in rathe were perma camped on bertox, no one ever there here. Lvl 35 sk and 35 shm with 6min ish respawn, solo pull easy. Solo camp probably.

No one ever at frog town in swamp next to cab, unsure how goods the exp is but it seems cool. Past doors in paw i don't think groups do often, that's another fun one.

Morlaeth 03-25-2016 12:04 PM

The iksar bandits in Swamp at the TT zoneline are great. There's a group of 3 on the left that you can split if you're not an ench. Think I do 25-30 there.

maskedmelon 03-25-2016 12:34 PM

Kitchen in Mistmoore. Nobody ever pulls those and they drop kettles!