Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Priests (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   Cleric and velious Raid DPS (/forums/showthread.php?t=325601)

pogs4ever 05-15-2019 12:43 PM

Cleric and velious Raid DPS

In respect to velious raid bosses:

If I have a 60 Cleric and a 60 rogue equivalently equipped (hot/epic lets say)

Is the cleric going offer more overall dps by extending the maximum length of time they can keep the warrior up by +1 to the chain.

Rather is there a cut off point? Where I would hop on the rogue instead.

For kunark, I’d imagine the dps race 32k dragons where a rogue or wizard may be the right pick.

Legidias 05-15-2019 02:14 PM

If warrior dies, then rest of raid dies, so its 0 dps.

Jaxon 05-15-2019 04:12 PM

Have both camped at the target. Log on cleric first, then offer to switch to rogue if you see that you're going to have enough clerics. If you routinely go overkill on clerics then do the opposite.

1asdfasdf1 05-15-2019 04:13 PM

If the whole raid can perform their DPS 60 seconds longer because you have kept the tank alive for 10 ticks longer (over the course of the whole fight), then you have 10 ticks * (the whole raid) of DPS that you're effectively doing as a cleric.

Legidias 05-15-2019 04:13 PM

IMO Go on rogue first, then offer to switch to cleric for double DKP

DMN 05-15-2019 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pogs4ever (Post 2910370)
In respect to velious raid bosses:

If I have a 60 Cleric and a 60 rogue equivalently equipped (hot/epic lets say)

Is the cleric going offer more overall dps by extending the maximum length of time they can keep the warrior up by +1 to the chain.

Rather is there a cut off point? Where I would hop on the rogue instead.

For kunark, I’d imagine the dps race 32k dragons where a rogue or wizard may be the right pick.

Well, first, if you don't have enough clerics for the CH chain you are fucked anyway. If you do have enough then you are probably better off on the rogue.

Pint 05-15-2019 07:51 PM

If the mob is slowable play the rogue, if not play the cleric

Troxx 05-16-2019 12:12 AM

In a situation where you have enough clerics in the chain to keep the tank up but not quite enough dps to down the mob before clerics run dry 5 minutes in ... you can easily make the case that an extra cleric in the chain is more potent. If 1 extra in the chain let’s the whole raid dps 60 seconds longer ... could one rogue really make up a whole 60 sec of raid in 5 minutes?

Probably not. Having said that, if you’re saturated with clerics, play the rogue.

I’ve seen far more instances where a single cleric would turn the tide than I have instances where a single rogue would have made the difference. Raids can be won without rogues. The same can not be said for clerics/warriors.

Both are highly desirable classes. You can’t go wrong with either.

enjchanter 05-16-2019 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Legidias (Post 2910488)
IMO Go on rogue first, then offer to switch to cleric for double DKP

Freakish 05-16-2019 05:14 PM

When you have too many clerics it's real easy to have one switch over for dps, not so much the other way around.