Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Technical Discussion (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   UI chat windows crash (/forums/showthread.php?t=340132)

Faxi 11-08-2019 10:53 AM

UI chat windows crash

i have a separate chat window for Auctions.. whenever i try to resize it. my client stops responding. 2 deaths later.. getting mad

Luci 11-08-2019 11:50 AM

Hi there, I can help with this because it happened to me and I couldn’t work it out for ages and then suddenly I realized it was the log file, which is too large (auctions will do that!). Type /log off and delete the log file for the character in question in the EQ folder and it should be resolved!

Faxi 11-08-2019 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luci (Post 3017975)
Hi there, I can help with this because it happened to me and I couldn’t work it out for ages and then suddenly I realized it was the log file, which is too large (auctions will do that!). Type /log off and delete the log file for the character in question in the EQ folder and it should be resolved!

thanks but this is occurring on Green server - whose EC tunnel is pretty quiet. The chat window has just a few messages. It even happens when with almost no chat in the window. thanks though

Luci 11-09-2019 05:13 AM

It’s not the current chat that causes it, it’s the size of the log file (as far as I understand it). Did you try deleting the character’s log file in the EQ Logs folder? My issue was on Blue at the time but it was 100% caused by the log file and never happened once I deleted the old one and turned log off. I’m not saying something else couldn’t cause it though but I’m surprised as the issue you described is exactly what was happening to me. Either way, good luck!