Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Green Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   Help a Computer Noob Get Classic Darkness (/forums/showthread.php?t=336981)

Thievery 10-20-2019 11:10 AM

Help a Computer Noob Get Classic Darkness

When I load into p1999 on my laptop I am able to view the game as intended and my human is blind as a bat. However, when I log into the game on my desktop PC my human can see as if it were daytime at night with just a bit of tint to it.

When I attempt to adjust my gamma in the game, it is completely unaffected by the slider. I am sure that it has to do with my computer and settings etc, but I am a complete idiot when it comes to things like that. Thanks for any advice / help in advance.

Trollhide 10-20-2019 11:35 AM

By chance are you playing in windowed mode on the laptop and fullscreen on the PC?

Thievery 10-20-2019 12:11 PM

Both are being played in windowed mode.

Deathrydar 10-20-2019 12:14 PM

Most likely a graphics card thing or monitor thing (if playing on a different monitor from the laptop screen).

loramin 10-20-2019 12:16 PM

I'm on Linux, not Windows, so I'm weird ... but I see something similar.

I have a laptop (whose screen I don't use) and two monitors (run by two graphics cards, an onboard and an extra Nvidia one). When I play EQ one becomes dark and the other bright. If I move the EQ window from one to the other, the difference is (literally) "night and day."

Interestingly, the Gamma slider only affects the bright monitor: the dark one stays dark no matter what. But again, this is specific to my (Linux, laptop, two graphics cards) situation.

My guess is that we're going to see a lot of changes to this code as the staff tries to perfect night blindness, so while we could try to debug, my plan is to just wait until that code is finalized to try and fix anything.

Thievery 10-21-2019 06:43 AM

Yeah, I will probably just wait and see what happens. I plan to stream from that PC so it might be better for viewers to be able to see a little better rather than just a black screen as I am probably going human on launch lol. I will just wait it out a bit and play on the laptop when I want that cozy classic feel.