Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   feelin sorry for those ragefire casuals (/forums/showthread.php?t=194758)

Sadre Spinegnawer 05-23-2015 06:37 PM

feelin sorry for those ragefire casuals

I must admit the guilty pleasure of reading the official board. I see distinct phases of everquest casual trauma emerging.

Stage 1: getting blindsided at what a clusterfuck the launch was, something which, to be fair, DBG deserves some kind of award for clusterfuckery. Even seasoned pros were whistling in admiration at this one.

Stage 2: discovering that yes, Virginia, there are armies of people with 10 accounts, and they will get those accounts in, and they will be multiple times more relentless than you.

Stage 3: realizing DBG could care less, those subs are sweet, sweet $$ to them.

Stage 4: seeing on twitch that, despite the fuckups, by the end of this weekend, at least one massive 24/7 guild (looks like Twisted Legion is in the lead) will already have the server on lockdown, Naggy and Vox ded, with a nice roster of 50's, before many even got to log in once.

Stage 5: futile anger at how unfair life is in everquest land. No shit, casual scum.

I still feel sorry for them. So many tears on the official forum, so. many. tears.

edit: sample post:
"Me and some old college friends, co-workers & ex-guildees (22 in total), all grab a 3-month "all access" so we could join up in Ragefire and form a guild and burn a 3-day (Holiday) weekend in EQ. Some of these people are in the 50s & 60's. I am in my mid 40s, we all set aside a holiday a weekend, to binge-play.

Are the new owners trying to fleece us? Where is the second, third servers? How do they plan on making money, if they going to treat adults like kids. The hardware to run EQ is nothing by today's standards, whats gives. Really..?

I have not even gotten to lvl 4 and my guild is already broken up! Because these guys are done. They've Had it !

I can't even convince them to wait a week, and many of them are charging back their accounts.

What is going on? Can someone explain it to me ?"

oh dear. those poor, poor bastards. DBG screwed the pooch so hard, total destruction of a brand in <72 hours.

Weekapaug 05-23-2015 08:45 PM

Lol

The forums have been absolute gold. Last night I didn't even mind not getting back in after the patch because the forums were so entertaining.

Swish 05-23-2015 09:02 PM

Any subtle references to P99? Bring them over, quietly ;)

Grimjaw 05-23-2015 09:46 PM

swish, i saw someone using your "Wipe it clean" gif over there.

iruinedyourday 05-23-2015 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Weekapaug (Post 1904614)
Lol

The forums have been absolute gold. Last night I didn't even mind not getting back in after the patch because the forums were so entertaining.

can u send us quotables?

Oleris 05-24-2015 01:44 AM

just killed world first nagafen. wts cof 50000 chronos Kappa

Shinko 05-24-2015 02:23 AM

mage pets ftl

Shinko 05-24-2015 02:24 AM

guild <Shinko> very week over there

Vampiro 05-24-2015 08:56 AM

Rogean needs to open a new progression server.. OMG how fun it would be!

Sadre Spinegnawer 05-24-2015 02:05 PM

They will. And, it will not be a clusterfuck. Why?

Because this team knows, you can either deal with a headache up front, or you can deal with a hundred headaches later.

PLUS, if a p99 prog server got borked on launch, the team would just wipe it and start over and anyone who doesn't like it can bite them lol.

There is freedom in being an emu. But as always, go to the official forums for a little taste, and to realize how relatively happy life here is on this little "amateur" server:
butthurt central