Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Resolved Issues (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Sentry Kale/Bracer quest faction (/forums/showthread.php?t=294342)

Triiz 03-26-2018 11:43 AM

Sentry Kale/Bracer quest faction

I've been trying to do the Bracer of Hammerfall quest on a toon that is Dubious with COV. While Dubious, Sentry Kale says I need to prove my worth. When I sneak, he gives the quest text/note for Ungdin.

In this thread from 2014, Ele provided a lot of evidence this quest could be done at Dubious faction in 2001 to which Nilbog replied

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nilbog
Pending update,

Kale is variable upon spawn, about which dialogue he will give.
Regardless of version, will reward for any of the 3 quests.
Set at dubious faction for receiving hail text and quest items in event_say for bracer quest.
Set at indifferent faction for receiving hail text and quest items in event_say for spider and dragon quests.

Will need to know specifics to change the above, before next patch.

Was this nerfed back to the previous state, where Indifferent or above faction is required? Since this toon can sneak it's not a big deal to me at the moment, but for other people it may be.

For what it's worth, I am using Alliance neck to get from Threatening to Dubious but in Ele's thread an old post says it can be done at the lowest level of Dubious. I've done the Bracer quest 6 times without a bracer, so I can't be at the lowest level of Dubious. Here are logs from a few minutes ago

[Mon Mar 26 11:35:04 2018] Sentry Kale glowers at you dubiously -- he appears to be quite formidable.
[Mon Mar 26 11:35:07 2018] You say, 'Hail, Sentry Kale'
[Mon Mar 26 11:35:07 2018] Sentry Kale says, 'You must prove your worth before I will discuss such matters with you.'
[Mon Mar 26 11:35:11 2018] Sentry Kale regards you indifferently -- he appears to be quite formidable.
[Mon Mar 26 11:35:13 2018] You say, 'Hail, Sentry Kale'
[Mon Mar 26 11:35:13 2018] Sentry Kale says, 'Another Iksar, in the great shrine? Perhaps the times have gotten worse than we had expected -- I wonder if I will need to reactivate my [sentinel] for further use in my stead.'

Edit: Upon further investigation on a different toon, he triggers the quest at Apprehensive

[Mon Mar 26 12:08:19 2018] Sentry Kale looks your way apprehensively -- You would probably win this fight..it's not certain though.
[Mon Mar 26 12:08:23 2018] You say, 'Hail, Sentry Kale'
[Mon Mar 26 12:08:23 2018] Sentry Kale says, 'Another Halfling, in the great shrine? Perhaps the times have gotten worse than we had expected -- I wonder if I will need to reactivate my [sentinel] for further use in my stead.'

nilbog 03-26-2018 01:27 PM

So, the bracer version of Kale was set to give bad faction reply at dubious for dialogue, but the turn in should be working as intended.

($faction>8||$faction<=5) should be ($faction>=8||$faction<=5) :[

Fixed, pending update