Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Starting Zone (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Rotted corpse, petition. How does it work? (/forums/showthread.php?t=302348)

Naxy 07-11-2018 02:09 AM

Rotted corpse, petition. How does it work?

So I fucked up and ran through a zone at too low level. SoW got dispelled, I got rooted. I died. No way I could recover that corpse alone. It was late and to boot I had hell week at work afterwards. So when I come back my corpse was gone. Confirmed with a necro that there was no corpse to be found. I had some decent stuff donated by strangers (you guys rock), so it would be a shame if it was permanent, albeit not a complete disaster.

So I sent a petition. Other than it taking a long time to get answered, according to anecdotes, how does it work? You log in and the corpse is at your feet, or what?

Foxplay 07-11-2018 02:20 AM

Never lost a corpse on p99 so not sure if petition in game or on forums

But I do know as I have witnessed GMs (digging up) basically spawning or restoring corpses in East commonlands near freeport zoneline

So that is what I'm thinking there preferred location to restore rotted corpses

paroxym 07-11-2018 04:17 AM

From what I've seen in Sirken's streams he spawns the corpse and the player in EC, and loots the items back up for you.

Dunno if that's common practice or just how he does it

Tethler 07-11-2018 04:44 AM

If for some reason a recovery doesn't work out, post here too. I'd be happy to help get you back on your feet, and I'm sure others would as well.

Naxy 07-11-2018 04:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paroxym (Post 2738633)
From what I've seen in Sirken's streams he spawns the corpse and the player in EC, and loots the items back up for you.

Dunno if that's common practice or just how he does it

Ok, so does that imply you need to be online with a GM online for the petition to be meaningful/considered? I have never really petitioned before, so (obviously) not sure how it works.

Naxy 07-11-2018 04:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tethler (Post 2738635)
If for some reason a recovery doesn't work out, post here too. I'd be happy to help get you back on your feet, and I'm sure others would as well.

Thanks. That is very nice of you.

paroxym 07-11-2018 05:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Naxy (Post 2738638)
Ok, so does that imply you need to be online with a GM online for the petition to be meaningful/considered? I have never really petitioned before, so (obviously) not sure how it works.

No the GMs can access your character and loot the corpse for you

Daloon 07-11-2018 10:44 AM

Corpses don't rot after 7 days, they go to a secret place that a GM can move. Make an in-game petition, and it'll show up in EC at freeport zone line within 1-3 days.

Llandris 07-11-2018 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daloon (Post 2738727)
Corpses don't rot after 7 days, they go to a secret place that a GM can move. Make an in-game petition, and it'll show up in EC at freeport zone line within 1-3 days.

Yep. Petition in game (only once) that your corpse has rotted and when we get to it, it will be summoned to EC as well as your character moved to its location. You do not need to be online. You will have another 7 days to loot it once it’s summoned. The smell is gone as well.

This thread should answer most of your questions regarding what needs to be petitioned in game and what needs to be petitioned here on the forums.

Raavak 07-11-2018 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Llandris (Post 2738768)
it will be summoned to EC as well as your character moved to its location

From my experience it is EC near the Freeport zone line.