Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Blue Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   What's your favorite vacation zone? (/forums/showthread.php?t=307447)

Tnair 09-21-2018 08:12 PM

What's your favorite vacation zone?

The Isle of Kerra is such a far-away pseudo-tropical location, I really enjoy hanging out there and fishing, occasionally hunting poachers through the Toxxulia Forest in between.

I just wish it had the Coldain Town music from Crystal Caverns

Tethler 09-21-2018 08:53 PM

On live it was PoTranquility near the PoStorms/BoT entrances. On P99 I don't really just sit places just to sit.

Zuranthium 09-21-2018 09:02 PM

Ocean of Tears. I could level a character from 8 to 60 in that zone only, if there was a playerbase for it (and if I wanted to level an alt at a reasonable pace for some reason); the zone content certainly supports it. It's disgusting that the Seafuries got nerfed, it was such a fun PvP zone too. Velious era sucks.

I also don't get why the p99 devs flipped the zone connections years ago. That was entirely not classic and served no relevant purpose. Like, yeah, it logistically doesn't make sense how boats leaving from Freeport traveled "West" and from Butcherblock they went "East", but that's how it was in the game. In one way it does make sense, with the idea of sailors getting lost out in the Ocean, or maybe even some kind of magic spell on the whole ocean placed by a God. Who knows, but that's how it was.

Sonderbeast 09-21-2018 09:05 PM

Disneyland

radda 09-21-2018 09:18 PM

Plane of tranquility

d3r14k 09-21-2018 11:57 PM

Wakening Lands. It has our patron saint-queen, Wuoshi.

https://i.imgur.com/vslNCGA.png

Swish2 09-21-2018 11:59 PM

Greater Faydark, the beginning <3

Videri 09-22-2018 01:06 AM

During one playthrough, I was a Gnome enchanter. I would go into Dark Elf illusion and hang out in the Blind Fish in Neriak to do my research. The dim Neriak ambiance, the underwater view, and the quiet dignity of the zone were so vivid to me.

Videri 09-22-2018 01:13 AM

Honorable mention: as a bard on Red99, I spent a lot of multi-hour sessions in South Karana hunting Quillmane. I would witness the whole day/night cycle in that zone, including really beautiful sunsets and sunrises. Even with those 1999 graphics, Norrath can be so immersive and captivating. I felt like I really was this adventurer experiencing days and nights in the wilderness, with the sky as my only roof and the sun and stars as my only lights (probably with some additional lighting from those Ragefire vambraces).

EpicAdventure 09-22-2018 10:46 AM

Combine Rings in the fall
the most pleasant view I ever saw
I hit a yeti in the jaw
levitate fades and now I fall
death