Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Bugs (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Game Mechanics: Mezzing Kly in Dalnir Disappears mobs sometimes (/forums/showthread.php?t=332123)

Chortles Snort|eS 08-18-2019 03:27 PM

Mezzing Kly in Dalnir Disappears mobs sometimes

the drop down floor in the cave and corridor area to the exit (2nd floor?)

when mezzing mobs, kly specifically they seem to DISAPPEAR upon mez!
no trains generated and they don't seem to come back, they're just gone!

crazy

Chortles Snort|eS 08-18-2019 03:38 PM

1 Attachment(s)
we just mezzed the mobs in this room on #9 in the 3rd floor

they disappeared and have not come back after sitting here 5m

Chortles Snort|eS 08-18-2019 03:45 PM

mezzing kly disappear them completely lol

wow

Foggen 08-19-2019 01:20 PM

I was having a similar experience last night on my monk. Whenever I would FD and drop agro, any Kly mobs would just vanish. They wouldn't path back to their spawns or anything, they were just gone. Other mobs were fine (goos, coerced, etc). This was right after the first drop (#4 on the first level map). I was only there for 20 - 30 minutes, but in that time they never came back.

planarity 08-21-2019 06:03 PM

maybe they're some sort of trap-spawned mobs and the mezzes in question were successful blur rolls. does mez sometimes NOT poof them? if so, that's probably what it is?

Foggen 08-22-2019 11:57 AM

I did a little more hunting in Dalnir (Got me a Crecent Gi!), and I can confirm that not EVERY Kly mob vanished. This was using FD, not mez.

I was hunting in the shackle room and bedroom areas as they are called on the wiki. One of the rooms has 3 spawns that all spawned as Kly mobs for me three times. I would pull the room, FD, and sometimes 1 mob would vanish, sometimes 2 mobs would vanish. Never all 3.

I tried using /target after the mob vanished, but no luck. They weren't on their spawnpoint after the flop either. There would be a repop after sometime, so it seems like the mobs are just despawning when they drop agro?

This started to make me feel dirty and grimy (I could just pull a group of kly, FD, most of the group would vanish, easy pull from there) so I stopped hunting there.

This happened even on spawns where a goo/coerced/kly mob could spawn.

Sunderfury 08-22-2019 04:09 PM

I know Telin did some updates on the zone to get a depop mechanic working on certain named and their PHs, so possible it is related to this bug. I'll PM him in discord later tonight and see if he has any ideas.

Telin 09-28-2019 05:16 PM

Fixed, pending update.