Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Priests (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   shaman ww solo dragon video (/forums/showthread.php?t=332066)

garfo 08-17-2019 10:12 AM

shaman ww solo dragon video

Does anyone have a link to this? I'm having trouble tracking it down.

Also! Question: is it worth buying Poxx at 59 or should I save up the cash for Torpor at 60 and then get poxx after?

Wendak 08-17-2019 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garfo (Post 2948668)
Does anyone have a link to this? I'm having trouble tracking it down.

Also! Question: is it worth buying Poxx at 59 or should I save up the cash for Torpor at 60 and then get poxx after?

Prioritize Torpor. But Poxx is a lot better than Bane of Nife IMO for soloing, so definitely work on getting Poxx after Torpor.

garfo 08-17-2019 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wendak (Post 2948670)
Prioritize Torpor. But Poxx is a lot better than Bane of Nife IMO for soloing, so definitely work on getting Poxx after Torpor.

Got it. What about Malo? After torpor, would you say Poxx or Malo is next?

Xenmir 08-17-2019 10:25 AM

Malo for sure

Wallicker 08-17-2019 10:26 AM

Malo helps land slow and poison dots it’s definitely after torpor.

bradsamma 08-17-2019 11:03 AM

Soloing a +6dragon?

Lojik 08-17-2019 11:53 AM

Torpor>Malo>bane>pox

loramin 08-17-2019 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lojik (Post 2948699)
Torpor>Malo>bane>pox

In general this, but as has already been mentioned pox is actually better for the really long fights like WW Dragons or TwentyTwo in PoM.

Either way though, Bane/Pox are probably not necessary. I haven't actually done WW dragons solo myself, but every other hard Shaman fight can be done with just Torpor, slow, Malo/Malosi, pet, and epic, so I imagine the same is true for them.

Really when it comes to Shaman soloing, you "win" by keeping slow and your HP/Mana up. That should just be your entire mentality for the fight: make sure you reslow at proper intervals, and otherwise keep HP/Mana high.

You'll do auto-attack and pet damage no matter what, so eventually the mob will die (and if you can sneak epics or even mana-based DoTs in then great, it will go faster), but what truly is important is you staying alive the whole time. That means re-landing slow early and often, in case you get resists (and also re-doing Malo/Malosi for really long fights), along with lots of Torpor + Canning ... not focusing on DoTs.

P.S. Oh and of course make sure you fight the right WW dragons: some are definitely not Shaman soloable :)

Wendak 08-17-2019 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lojik (Post 2948699)
Torpor>Malo>bane>pox

I don’t really understand why Bane > Poxx

Poxx is better Damage per Mana, lasts around the same amount of time as your epic (18 and 15 ticks respectively). There are some cases where Bane is better (kills are happening quicker etc), but primarily I find Poxx is always a better go to for efficiency.

shortshot444 08-17-2019 12:40 PM

I would assume bane would be used over pox because malo, malosini doesn't effect disease. Keeping malosini , tash (stick) , and slow for the fight can be a big part. Can still debuff disease to around -40 i think, so it could come down to preference or situation.