Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Casters (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Soloing as a mage and necro (/forums/showthread.php?t=332527)

brokenpromise 10-16-2019 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1asdfasdf1 (Post 2987504)
$0.02

Multiple necros in a group or raid: their DoTs don't stack. Multiple mages: All their pets and nukes stack.

Mage epic is a beast. Maybe one of the most OP epics in the game. My mage is only 38 or so but I find a lot of his summons are frequently useful to myself and others.

I play both and they're both fun.

I really do love the mage class. It's not for everyone but I just love the pure dps of mage

commongood 10-17-2019 05:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1asdfasdf1 (Post 2987504)
$0.02

Multiple necros in a group or raid: their DoTs don't stack. Multiple mages: All their pets and nukes stack.

Mage epic is a beast. Maybe one of the most OP epics in the game. My mage is only 38 or so but I find a lot of his summons are frequently useful to myself and others.

I play both and they're both fun.

This is perhaps a bit lacking in nuance. Necros are mostly terrible DPS on raids, this is true (zones with undeads to charm change the equation, like Plane of Fear). But I never (at least very seldomly) see mages with their pets out on raids. So the mage is sadly not able to fully flourish as a dps-class on raids on P99.

Necros get the "subversion" spell line AKA "twitches" which allow them to give mana to other players. On raids this is used to a very large extent as the necros "feed" mana to clerics which means that necros stack quite well.

Mages make mod rods and CotH. That is also important. Neither shine as DPS on raids.

Bardp1999 10-22-2019 03:56 AM

Given enough warriors and clerics, every other class is 100% optional in the raid scene