Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Melee (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   What Haste cloak/belt combination for RNG? (/forums/showthread.php?t=314771)

loramin 01-12-2019 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cecily (Post 2840447)
because I’m too lazy to figure out how to bind open inventory slot to kick.

In case you (or anyone else) was wondering:
  1. Open hotbar #2 (or #3 or #4; any you don't use) ... I think ALT + L opens hotbar #2, but #3 and #4 don't have a hotkey to open them unless you add one (ALT + O and then go to the keys tab)
  2. Add kick to slot #1 (or whatever slot) on the hotbar you're not using
  3. Do the same with an inventory slot (hold down left-mouse on it until it becomes a shortcut), but in slot #2
  4. Open up the options (ALT + o) and go to the keybindings tab (again); this time go to the bindings for hotbar #2 (or #3 or #4). Set the same keybinding for slot #1 and slot #2
  5. You can now press that keybinding to trigger both acitons
  6. Profit!

Jimjam 01-12-2019 03:08 PM

Some UIs had the alt hotbars sabotaged. I believe you can set it up in a functional ui then switch back to something more classic.

Iksar_with_a_plan 01-12-2019 05:37 PM

Well, atleast ONE person answered my question correctly. It's alright, I dont think i've ever seen a thread here that doesnt veer off on some tangent.

I get how useful swiftwind is, but i'm not sure a lvl 1 twink Ranger can even EQUIP it let alone quest for it.

Im not interested in a cloak of the maelstrom.

Im not concerned with spending the least amount of money as possible.

But thanks for all your responses.

Zabbix 01-12-2019 05:42 PM

CoCW and Seahorse belt.

Bardp1999 01-12-2019 05:45 PM

I would buy Epic MQ

Iksar_with_a_plan 01-12-2019 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bardp1999 (Post 2840594)
I would buy Epic MQ

it would be a bit tough at low levels, considering some of the items required (not just the stone) are no drop, and some parts require a certain level requirement to defeat lower priority targets. I've also never seen anyone advertise a full swiftwind MQ. But maybe? Also it would be a hell of a lot easier if swiftwind could be done without doing the parts for earthcaller during the epic timeline. Can you JUST do the swiftwind parts and say skip the part in The Hole which is solely for earthcaller?

I dont really see myself going for epic till late 40s.

Wallicker 01-12-2019 07:00 PM

Hey there,

Just go Cocw + Spider fur belt,

once you get epic on your own time then you can just sell the cloak and swap it for a Lodi shell shield /heiro

Wickedbane 01-12-2019 08:07 PM

Rbb and lodi

Or

Spider fur and CoCW

Or

Hiero and seahorse belt

Any combo of the choices your picking from are going to be a great combo.

Cecily 01-13-2019 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iksar_with_a_plan (Post 2840610)
it would be a bit tough at low levels, considering some of the items required (not just the stone) are no drop, and some parts require a certain level requirement to defeat lower priority targets. I've also never seen anyone advertise a full swiftwind MQ. But maybe? Also it would be a hell of a lot easier if swiftwind could be done without doing the parts for earthcaller during the epic timeline. Can you JUST do the swiftwind parts and say skip the part in The Hole which is solely for earthcaller?

I dont really see myself going for epic till late 40s.

You can, however, you can’t equip epics on this server till 46. We werent sure what your level was. Honestly... if you’re talking level one, get a fungi, schw/fbss etc for haste (something lower end) and just level till 40s when you can start working on epic MQ. You’ll need a MQ of the VS piece and Sky sphere of colors, but yeah it’s totally doable. Think Hole might be necessary for SW, but asking for help works wonders and it’s a good way to make connections with higher level people.

Emphasis on fungi. Sky haste cloak, fungi, and epics are the holy trifecta for ranger leveling. Earthcaller is considerably more a pain in the butt, but SW is a fairly easy endgame haste item for you to obtain with about 30k or free with some guild support.

Jimjam 01-13-2019 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iksar_with_a_plan (Post 2840589)
Well, atleast ONE person answered my question correctly. It's alright, I dont think i've ever seen a thread here that doesnt veer off on some tangent.

I get how useful swiftwind is, but i'm not sure a lvl 1 twink Ranger can even EQUIP it let alone quest for it.

Im not interested in a cloak of the maelstrom.

Im not concerned with spending the least amount of money as possible.

But thanks for all your responses.

as mentioned earlier I held my breath on half topic response until tangent already started.

I'm sure you're aware vanilla was designed to be cleared with around 100 worn AC and 6/22 weapons. The idea that fine tuning near end game velious equipment for these levels would make any difference is a little implausible. With the wealth at your disposable you must be experienced enough to be aware of that.

Consequently, I think the reason so many people offered a 'next step' answer is because if you already can afford this equipment 1-46 is going to be trivial to you and as such what ever equipment you do choose is likely to be transitory. It is natural as such to consider the next step, which would almost certainly be epics and sky cloak.

The reason I suggest sitting on your plat and taking options that are 95% as good is not as a miser. You are going to hit 46 fast and when you do, you want to be sure you are the ranger that can leverage that earthcaller MQ first. Having to liquidate cloaks and belts to do so is not expedient.