Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   News & Announcements (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Kunark Launch Day (/forums/showthread.php?t=29997)

Rogean 03-21-2011 07:03 PM

Kunark Launch Day

Kunark Launch is upon us. Friday, March 25th, Kunark will officially be opened.

What to expect.
We plan to have a live dynamic scavenger hunt type quest as the kick off leading towards the unlock of Kunark. This event will begin some time between 6-7 PM Eastern. Depending on how quickly people complete the necessary steps of this quest and completing each phase will determine exactly when Kunark will become available, but I suspect it will last 2 to 3 hours.

There will be serverwide messages throughout the evening keeping everyone up to date on the progression of the live quest, as well as when Kunark does open. The opening of the zones will coincide with the level cap being raised to 60 as well as the ability to create Iksars. This will all happen without a server patch.

Serverwide Rares
Beginning with the unlock of Kunark and lasting only throughout that night, every mob on the server will have a very rare chance to drop high value classic items, such as the Guise of Deceiver and others. To promote fairness for all levels, and to prevent high level characters from slaughtering low level zones, these items will only have a chance to drop if experience was awarded for the kill (aka, the "Trivial" loot system). We may turn this feature off after enough items have dropped, so don't miss your opportunity!

Achievements
As players obtain certain server first goals, they will be broadcasted to the server. Currently the system will only congratulate players for level achievements, but other type achievements such as mob kills or quests may be added. For example, a broadcast will automatically congratulate the first players to levels 51 to 60. It will also congratulate each individual class to level 60, and it will also announce various Iksar levels, including pre-50, and also the first of each Iksar class to 60.

Play Nice!
We expect the population of the server to be considerably higher on Friday. The server will be cramped. Remember to be courteous to your fellow players and not create a headache for the server staff. Do not attract the wrath of Uthgaard!

Valdain 03-21-2011 07:07 PM

Yay! Iksar armies incoming!

Gorgetrapper 03-21-2011 07:08 PM

Wtf, this just makes me want to play non stop until i get some good shit. Damn you Rogean.

Blancah 03-21-2011 07:08 PM

I love you guys so much.

MoonlightStoner 03-21-2011 07:10 PM

only item my toon is missing from live is a guise ty for even a chance at getting it <3

quido 03-21-2011 07:38 PM

I hope everybody gets some lustrous russet! Even int casters!

PureLo 03-21-2011 08:56 PM

I would love to get a guise for my troll warr even though cobalt bracer and shrink should be easier obtained :)

Pyrocat 03-21-2011 09:05 PM

incoming "10k for guise loot rights" auctions :)

looking forward to the launch, thanks nilbog, Rogean, and the entire dev staff and everyone who helped get us here!

Dr4z3r 03-21-2011 09:22 PM

I am confused. Will the scavenger hunt lead up to the unlocking of Kunark, or will it begin with the unlocking of Kunark?

Icecometus 03-21-2011 09:25 PM

just read it carefully. the quest will UNLOCK kunark and have several parts to it. the day is finally on the horizon ;) nice touch with the classic super rares man thanks!