Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   News & Announcements (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Introducing Project 1999: Green (/forums/showthread.php?t=333743)

Saboteur 09-26-2019 04:25 PM

Excellent! Thanks for response.

Susanbanthony 09-27-2019 02:48 PM

Cool

Riiyan 09-28-2019 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nagoya (Post 2967270)
good finances & good equipment does not guarantee no problems, so that question would not answer your inquiry. they don't owe you any transparency. he said he's gonna buy new equipment, with or without the donations. donations will just help reimburse some or all of the cost. that % is nobody's business.

No body asked you and nobody said anything about percentages, move along.

Muggens 10-02-2019 07:57 PM

Grass is always greener on Green99

beeshma_nameless 10-04-2019 09:50 AM

Haven't played since 2011 on P99 - loved the time I played here :)

Logging back in now to this form, 8 years later, to post - KUDOS! And I hope to be on this server :)

Something is really missing in our brains - we so love the experience from 20 years ago haha :)

Cheers

Beeshma
Ronninn

LiQuid 10-09-2019 05:00 AM

How will Green handle characters of the same name rolling back into blue after it reaches the end of Velious and resets? Like if I want to play a new version of Plush on green what happens to my original Plush when they merge together on blue? The idea of having a Guise on Plush after all these years on p99 got me super excited but I'm scared about having to do the 1-60 again and having to farm torpor and all that kinda stuff

DMN 10-09-2019 06:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiQuid (Post 2979587)
How will Green handle characters of the same name rolling back into blue after it reaches the end of Velious and resets? Like if I want to play a new version of Plush on green what happens to my original Plush when they merge together on blue? The idea of having a Guise on Plush after all these years on p99 got me super excited but I'm scared about having to do the 1-60 again and having to farm torpor and all that kinda stuff

They will add a character to your green name when/if it gets migrated to blue(ie. Plushx). I also imagine they will allow petitions afterwards on blue to change the name if you had this happen to you.

loramin 10-09-2019 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMN (Post 2979598)
They will add a character to your green name when/if it gets migrated to blue(ie. Plushx). I also imagine they will allow petitions afterwards on blue to change the name if you had this happen to you.

... if they don't just add a /rename command or something. I'm not sure the staff will have the time to manually rename 1/8th (or whatever it is) of Green's population after they come to Blue.

Wodahs 10-09-2019 01:49 PM

New arrival here, never played EQ or P99, however I'm hoping to try it out when the new Green server launches.

One question tho: I'm going through the getting started guide, and it says to get the newest patch files from this sub-forum. Are the files for playing on the upcomming green available yet? And do they coin-side with the October 8th patch notes I see at the top?

Much appreciated

Verityn 10-09-2019 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loramin (Post 2979749)
... if they don't just add a /rename command or something. I'm not sure the staff will have the time to manually rename 1/8th (or whatever it is) of Green's population after they come to Blue.

I've worked on similar SQL databases that Everquest uses. Since we're just dealing with a database of player names one could create a script to change everyone's name at once. I'm just not sure how easy it would be to pull the current player name and desired player name from a stack of petitions unless petitions are also kept on a SQL database or can be converted to simple text.

I just thought I'd throw in my 2 cents because I haven't thought about SQL databases in so long.