Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Green Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   Killing in Misty from 20 for Spears/Exp? (/forums/showthread.php?t=343788)

Sillyturtle 12-07-2019 08:46 PM

Killing in Misty from 20 for Spears/Exp?

So I've never done the evil route and was thinking about going to Misty and killing guards from 20.

The spears sell good, but if your faction is ruined because of killing the guards, how do you vendor them? No Sneak/Hide or anything so can't sneak vendor from behind the vendor.

Nuggie 12-07-2019 08:55 PM

I believe the vendors are on a faction that isn't effected?

Zelbor 12-07-2019 09:00 PM

The nearest neutral vendors are several zones away (gypsies in the Karanas, a couple neutral ones in High Keep, or the druid in WC), so you have several options for vendoring without a long run that interrupts your XP: 1) Make a level 1 halfling alt and drop bags of spears for yourself to pick up and vendor, then buy gems to drop for yourself to resell. 2) Ask a friend or guildmate to make a halfling to sell for you. 3) Ask in zone for a lowbie to sell for you for profit. I usually ask the person to give me back 9p for each spear, meaning they earn 1.5-2 for each (depending on charisma and faction). If you're wary about trusting a stranger with a bunch of spears, you can instead just sell them the spears for 9p each up front; it might take many trips to fully exhaust your haul, but it means anyone who's saved up at least 9p can start doing it for you.

I usually go with option 3, because I like the social and mutually beneficial aspect, but it's up to you. Even at only 9p each, you'll still make a small fortune while leveling there.

Sillyturtle 12-07-2019 10:40 PM

Damn I was hoping I'd have a vendor I could sell through a wall to like the bank trick, or someone on a different faction table in there somewhere.

Cen 12-07-2019 10:55 PM

As someone who levels in misty, almost all evils make a deal with a newbie. Help a newbie out. Let them keep 1 spear per bag.

Natewest1987 12-08-2019 05:11 AM

I have no concerns with trusting someone to carry my loot to vendor. It’s in the rules that you can’t defraud someone. If they screw you over then that’s their whammy not yours. Also, I differ probably from the rest but I usually offer anywhere from 20 to 25% and will tip extra at the end.

AgentEpilot 12-08-2019 05:17 AM

Idk if the GMs have enough time to deal with a noob screwing you outta one bag of spears, but yea not many do it most realize its better to keep it going then screw you once for < 100 plat.

skorge 12-08-2019 10:49 AM

I think the lowest level guard is level 25 not counting Poolt who comes in a pack of 3 (level 30 guards).

I would come back at level 24+ and do Felp, the level 25 one, who is solo.

Roth 12-08-2019 11:26 AM

I usually let someone vender for me and let them keep 20-30p as well as all gold/copper/silver if I have about 200p of items to vender.

Asteria 12-08-2019 12:11 PM

You are SO wicked!! The killing of the brave halfling men behind the masks is wicked enough....but then you corrupt their 1 toddlers to help you with the dirty deeds...all for a little bit of coin because they are so frail and desperate at that age.

SHAME SHAME SHAME :(