Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Blue Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Human Green monk deity (/forums/showthread.php?t=334428)

Izmael 09-22-2019 02:15 PM

Human Green monk deity

Never played a human monk before - looks like it's either Quellious or Agnostic.

Is there anything to consider? I like having a deity, but is there a particular reason to roll Agnostic for a human monk, on P99? I'm planning on having him guised, if anything.

Starting area isn't a concern.

Worry 09-22-2019 02:20 PM

Probably some faction hits in evil cities if you roll Quellious, but I don't know for sure.

Dolalin 09-22-2019 02:25 PM

If you end up with a guise, agnostic monk will be welcome in evil cities a bit better than Quellious I think.

Jibartik 09-22-2019 02:34 PM

Agnostic goes a HUGE way in this game.

Vexenu 09-22-2019 02:40 PM

Agnostic Monks start in Qeynos and Quellious Monks in Freeport. That's worth considering if you're planning on grouping with friends early on.

Cen 09-22-2019 05:39 PM

Quellious gets a bad hit in Neriak but not so much in Grobb/Oggok. If you get a guise that's something to consider. Being agnostic is helpful for neutral faction, except keep in mind if you ever have the option to worship Solusek Ro with a character, that is even better then Agnostic, since it has all the same faction hits, but slightly higher with KoT and PoM in Freeport, a plus to Solusek Ro temple obviously, and only a minor loss with Dreadguard Inner, which red wine can fix.

Videri 09-22-2019 06:19 PM

Quellious is considered a "good" deity. I think a Dark Elf monk who worships Quellious would have to peek around corners and stuff. A Dark Elf monk who is agnostic would probably be quite safe anywhere Dark Elves are.

Jibartik 09-22-2019 07:17 PM

I would say the benefits to leveling in Qeynos as a good human monk, outweigh the benefits of being able to be slightly less kos in Nerriak.

Zuranthium 09-22-2019 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cen (Post 2965805)
keep in mind if you ever have the option to worship Solusek Ro with a character, that is even better then Agnostic, since it has all the same faction hits, but slightly higher with KoT and PoM in Freeport, a plus to Solusek Ro temple obviously, and only a minor loss with Dreadguard Inner, which red wine can fix.

Bad game coding if that's the case. Followers of Solusek Ro should be unwelcome in Wood Elf/High Elf cities. He burned down their homeland.........

Jibartik 09-22-2019 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zuranthium (Post 2965870)
Bad game coding if that's the case. Followers of Solusek Ro should be unwelcome in Wood Elf/High Elf cities. He burned down their homeland.........

It seems like NPC's are mostly concerned with enemies that destroy their own lands. :p

Ive never heard an NPC say "You've once ruined my lands, can't ruin them again!"