Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Priests (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   Druid weapon choices for tank & spank (/forums/showthread.php?t=280995)

Diogene 09-10-2017 09:33 AM

Druid weapon choices for tank & spank

Im doing pretty things with good ole jade mace right now (lvl18) but I wonder if I should switch to 2hb after lvl20 damage cap has been lifted ? Il hesitating between Massive Velium Brawl Stick (32/37) or Skyfury Scimitar (13/23). Any advice ? I plan to melee till maybe 30 or so...

Jimjam 09-10-2017 10:20 AM

Iksar Berserker Club for spell AC pad? I find spell AC can help hugely, even in small amounts.

GreldorEQ 09-10-2017 10:20 AM

Hail Competent Adventurer!

Druid melee provides enjoyment even at 60! I think that with low attack, the most touches possible the better until you can use a Heirophants Crook and proc Earthquake. Pro tip, dont underestimate the value of treeform for blue killing in low risk scenarios, will cut downtime a lot.

I used a Brells Keg Popper for the infrequent high damage hit, but once I got my Sky sword with Combust proc, I could see how lower delay was better. I would go for the scimitar as DS will be doing the most damage the higher you go, more touches the better. A seconday slot item can offer more AC which makes a difference! Less expensive option would be iksar berserker club.

Once you can proc with the 2hb quake staff, its hard to beat a proc or two per fight, especially if your dex is over 150. Either way, work on thos melee skills, you will be using them! When you have the option to use Epic, Sky Sword or Heiro Crook, youll be happy to have max skill!

The ratio wasnt as important at lower levels as much as the weapon skill to actually land hits, again, ds will be doing the bulk of the work. So go for stats and procs, and have fun!

Briscoe 09-10-2017 11:07 AM

Primal Velium Battlehammer

zodium 09-10-2017 11:17 AM

DPS Druid's weapon of choice: Smoldering Cudgel, yarr!

:o

Diogene 09-10-2017 03:57 PM

Thanks for insight guys. I must admit I already bought that Massive Velium Brawl Stick (reminder : 32/37). Gimme a good reason not to sell it apart from a fashion perspective (really looks badass)
Also on a side note, I made this toon to see how far a melee druid can go with an AC / STR build. Currently Im sitting at 150 STR unbuffed. Should I sink a couple more pp's into STR to get to 200+ ? I know it sounds silly, but as of now fun factor is BIG.

Jimjam 09-10-2017 04:19 PM

Do it. Gimmick characters must have their gimmick adhered to!

Lhancelot 09-11-2017 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimjam (Post 2579961)
Do it. Gimmick characters must have their gimmick adhered to!

I think if I built a gimmick Druid, I would stack hps, ac, and focus on thorning myself while meleeing.

This means I'd use a Sarnak battle shield and a scimitar of emerald dawn for meleeing. A COF would also be needed for maximum haste.

Tuurin 09-11-2017 12:33 PM

Tough to do better than the brawl stick- don't listen to the "fast weapon" argument. If you're actually trying to melee with a priest you'll want something slow so you can mix in a nuke/heal between swings. There are some other options, but most will either be inferior ratio or extremely expensive (aka Emerald Dawn, which runs 25k+).

Diogene 09-11-2017 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuurin (Post 2580336)
Tough to do better than the brawl stick- don't listen to the "fast weapon" argument. If you're actually trying to melee with a priest you'll want something slow so you can mix in a nuke/heal between swings. There are some other options, but most will either be inferior ratio or extremely expensive (aka Emerald Dawn, which runs 25k+).

Excellent point ! Thank you.