Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   New TLP (Phinigrel) - I like so far (/forums/showthread.php?t=221930)

Spyder73 12-15-2015 12:35 PM

New TLP (Phinigrel) - I like so far

So I started playing on the new TLP...Have to say I have very pleasantly surprised. And the best part? You can play P99 and the TLP at the same time! Just yesterday I was socking on ToV while leveling my new monk in highpass on Orcs. If you are a "raider" this is a great alternative while unclassic variance ruins our P99 experience and we must leave our characters in a specific zone instead of actually playing the game.

I have only played monk (13) so far, but the live server is a lot different from P99 and I cant say its all bad. Fist damage scales up WAY faster, all your special abilities (Tiger Claw, Round House, Ect, Ect) are on different cool downs, so you are attacking way more often, you can buy Disciplines from vendors starting at level 1, and cool things like triple attack and upgraded 2H values are already in the game. Basically everyone does a sh!t ton more damage, but raid mobs are scaled up appropriately (from what i'm told).

The server is not even a week old yet so you have not missed much.

Observations/Info about the new TLP:

1) Leveling feels faster - and there are no hell levels. Server launched 6 days ago and people 40-45+. I have played about 8-10 hours total and im 13

2)Classic through Luclin is level 60. So there is literally 12 months of being level 60, and ANOTHER 12 of being 65, plenty of time to do all the things you want to do. It will be over 2 years away before you level above 65...And we get AA's!

3) This is a "true box" server, and I have only seen 1 case of blatant mage army. 99% of the player base is playing 1 or maybe 2 characters. Feels P99ish in that regard.

4) Instanced raids mean once you join a guild you can kill *every* dragon each week

5) Some of the zone revamps are pretty cool, everything is essentially in the same place but the look is different and some mobs have upgraded models, ect, ect. I know some people hate upgraded graphics but I dont mind them

6) When you die the XP penalty is lower and you corpse fully geared

7) travel is much easier with a teleportation system in lieu of boats, and everyone gets a free AA at level 5 called "Origin" that teleports you to your starting city on a 5 min CD.

8) Even zones are instances, so if there is a popular zone with a popular camp, chances are there are anywhere between 3-6 zones you can trasnfer to to check and see if camp is open. Makes farming a lot simpler and less time consuming.

Over all I am impressed thus far and wanted to share my experience incase any of you guys were interested but leery

JackFlash 12-15-2015 12:46 PM

Quote:

8) Even zones are instances, so if there is a popular zone with a popular camp, chances are there are anywhere between 3-6 zones you can trasnfer to to check and see if camp is open. Makes farming a lot simpler and less time consuming.
This seems interesting? So for there could be 4 versions of a regular zone going at one time?

Orruar 12-15-2015 12:51 PM

Wouldn't a fbss farmer just swap between the 4 instances of lguk to get 4x the spawns?

maskedmelon 12-15-2015 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orruar (Post 2139391)
Wouldn't a fbss farmer just swap between the 4 instances of lguk to get 4x the spawns?

No! Nobody would do that!

burkemi5 12-15-2015 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orruar (Post 2139391)

I hope there's some lockout mechanism in place to prevent that.

Also @OP, the server sounds great honestly. Some of the diehards here may whine over the non classic changes, but I personally think they're great. I'd love to see the CSR data, such as # of petitions, on that server with instanced racing vs non instanced. Plus, when everyone can access the content they want, I imagine people are more friendly. Why argue over a spawn when you can switch instances and both get it?

Competition can be fun, but not to the point where it ruins every interaction. Compare that to p99, where you can't pull a fire beetle without someone whining that they were camping it. I'd check it out, but I really don't wanna pay, even if it's just an upfront cost. Thanks for posting your opinions.

Bruno 12-15-2015 01:23 PM

I admittedly did not give the server a fair shot before I talked a little shit about the instancing. Although I'm still not a fan of the instancing, the server is pretty fun. The obviously difference in server is welcome as far as CRs, exp penalties, and graphics. The community seems friendly as well. If they stopped at PoP it would be my final destination.

Tollen 12-15-2015 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackFlash (Post 2139381)
This seems interesting? So for there could be 4 versions of a regular zone going at one time?

from what i saw on other TLP, not all zone have instancing, it was only for leveling zones, Nek forest, lava storm. were the once i saw. and the player base in that zone had to reach a max before it would create one. If the player base isn't there it drops it down as needed, so you wont see 5 instance of Lguk with no one in each one.

there is a lockout timer for switching. so its no as easy as you would think to monopolize named loot,

Zade 12-15-2015 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spyder73 (Post 2139364)

The server is not even a week old yet so you have not missed much.

Observations/Info about the new TLP:

1) Leveling feels faster - and there are no hell levels. Server launched 6 days ago and people 40-45+. I have played about 8-10 hours total and im 13 Wood not play. you should be level 7 or 8 tops

2)Classic through Luclin Wood not play is level 60. So there is literally 12 months of being level 60 Wood not play, and ANOTHER 12 of being 65 Wood not play, plenty of time to do all the things you want to do. It will be over 2 years away before you level above 65...And we get AA's Wood not play!

3) This is a "true box" server, and I have only seen 1 case of blatant mage armyWood not play. 99% of the player base is playing 1 or maybe 2 charactersWood not play, probably half are mages anyways. Feels P99ish in that regard.

4) Instanced raids Wood not play mean once you join a guild you can kill *every* dragon each week did this with Nihilum. was cool for a week. then it became about the pvp

5) Some of the zone revamps Wood not play are pretty cool, everything is essentially in the same place but the look is different and some mobs have upgraded models Wood not play, ect, ect. I know some people hate upgraded graphics but I dont mind them

6) When you die the XP penalty is lower and you corpse fully geared Wood not play

7) travel is much easier with a teleportation system Wood not play. Uthgaard > theybreakgames in lieu of boats, and everyone gets a free AA at level 5 called "Origin" that teleports you to your starting city on a 5 min CD.

8) Even zones are instances Wood not play, so if there is a popular zone with a popular camp, chances are there are anywhere between 3-6 zones you can trasnfer to to check and see if camp is open. Makes farming a lot simpler and less time consuming. Soon, some neckbeard guild will have every instance of every camp on farm status

Over all I am impressed thus far and wanted to share my experience incase any of you guys were interested but leery

Overall, Wood not play (again)

iruinedyourday 12-15-2015 02:01 PM

Op has gotten better at typing (200)

but forgot to train in posting and is still at a (0)

Spyder73 12-15-2015 03:28 PM

I was super skeptical about the TLP and all i'm just saying is its fun and worth a go if you are getting bored with P99. I am at the point where basically Sat-Wed I can't move my character from Velious due to raid targets and both my alts are in the 50s, so my option is to grind KC or go solo farm something. Neither of those is fun for me anymore (well i like to solo some on my necro still).

Sitting around waiting for Dragons to pop means you cant play P99, so half of the top end population is in perma stasis for over half the week. Lately when I'm "playing P99" I am actually sitting at the log in screen playing other games (Zelda on emulator most recently). So this TLP is refreshing for me and I think it can be for others as well. My reaction time to log in to P99 has dramatically increased because all I have to do is quickly switch screens and i'm good to go!

If you want to play this server but are scared that it will be overwhelming or not worth it, I am here to say that I find it a good supplement to P99. All the things that really "ruined" EQ wont be implemented for 2+ years.