Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Blue Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Stats from Food? (/forums/showthread.php?t=327953)

honeybee12874 06-16-2019 07:57 AM

Stats from Food?

Do the stats on food work correctly?

I just made some Blackened Panther which is supposed to give +1 Stamina and +2 Agility.

I just ate it and watched my Stats, but they did not change.

Littlefinger 06-16-2019 08:19 AM

Consuming it doesn't give you the stats. The food needs to be in your top bag slot to get the effect from the food.

In order to prevent the food from being eaten you can leave the food with the stat bonus in your top slot and manually eat normal food so that you're always full.

honeybee12874 06-16-2019 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Littlefinger (Post 2924785)
Consuming it doesn't give you the stats. The food needs to be in your top bag slot to get the effect from the food.

In order to prevent the food from being eaten you can leave the food with the stat bonus in your top slot and manually eat normal food so that you're always full.

Huh.... interesting! That is much less fun than getting it when you eat the food lol. Plus, I have 8 bags so I can't really just leave food in a bag slot. Oh well!

Fammaden 06-16-2019 09:15 AM

Not an inventory slot, just in your first bag in the topmost slot above any other food. Force feed normal foods occasionally if you don't want to actually consume the stat food but still get the stats.

Nagoya 06-16-2019 10:46 AM

You're a Druid, right?
You're one of the best class to 'pay the upkeep' on stat food.
Put that stat food goodness in the topleftmost corner of your inventory (inside or outside a bag, w/e),
then macro your Forage ability to your "W" key, and every time you find food,
put it in an inventory slot (put one inventory slot on your hotkey) and eat it.
If you're "too full to eat anything right now!" then litter the ground like the good druid you are, we have a reputation to maintain!

With capped Forage, you'll find food often enough that you will probably never ever eat one of your stacked stat food. Only worry would be when/if you go AFK, and you'd have to put your stack of vegetables or muffin above your stat food if you don't want to risk losing one.

And yeah, stat food are really the osteopathy of EQ. Eating it actually does nothing, but looking at it may have a placebo effect and grant you a couple of extra HPs.

honeybee12874 06-16-2019 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nagoya (Post 2924817)
If you're "too full to eat anything right now!" then litter the ground like the good druid you are, we have a reputation to maintain!

:D Too funny.

I believe my forage skill is capped! And yes, right now every time I turn right I forage and auto-inventory.

Thanks for the tips!

elwing 06-16-2019 03:07 PM

Sandwich of foul smelling herb?

Bengala 06-16-2019 11:54 PM

How does one ‘auto-inventory’? Apparently I’ve been EQing incorrectly for 20years... :(

jolanar 06-17-2019 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bengala (Post 2925015)
How does one ‘auto-inventory’? Apparently I’ve been EQing incorrectly for 20years... :(

/autoinventory

Makes any tradeskill a lot less painful.

honeybee12874 06-17-2019 08:30 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bengala (Post 2925015)

The command is:

/autoinventory

It just takes whatever's on your cursor and puts in the first available bag slot (or adds it to the stack if you already have some of the same item).

Here's the command I made that I have bound to the same key I use to turn right.

For me, "doability 3" is Forage. So, every time I turn right, I am checking my Location (/loc), attempting to forage, and then auto-inventorying so that if I did forage something it automatically goes into my bags.

Hope this helps :)