Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   why do i hate IPAs (/forums/showthread.php?t=390279)

pink grapefruit 08-21-2021 08:56 PM

why do i hate IPAs

literally all of my friends love IPAs but i cannot stand them. it's not that i don't like beers that aren't shit, bc i love lots of different beers. i keep trying IPAs hoping that i might like one but i never do.

pls help.

MaCtastic 08-21-2021 09:21 PM

Because like hot sauces, most people focus on the extremes and probably recommend the most bitter "IBU" IPA's. High IBU is not for everyone and I also don't prefer them. However, maybe a fruity IPA might be right, as they tend to be lower in bitterness. I've recently tried these because they were available at my local shop:

https://www.newbelgium.com/beer/vood...uicy-haze-ipa/

They are pretty good "mild" IPA's.

--Edit--

However, if you want to ignore the IPA crazy, I discovered this blood orange cider the last time I was forced to stay in California:

https://www.acecider.com/our-ciders/ace-space

^^^ this is probably my favorite beverage

Gatordash 08-21-2021 10:53 PM

Try getting whiter and growing a beard

hobart 08-21-2021 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gatordash (Post 3349827)
Try getting whiter and growing a beard

It's a fine line between hipster and hobo. When you like bitter IPAs, you're right there. So be careful and make sure to stay on your side of the line.

Whale biologist 08-21-2021 11:13 PM

You don't like hops. Try sangria and a bra.

Ooloo 08-21-2021 11:22 PM

You don't like things that are good it's pretty simple. You prefer bad things. It's ok.

unsunghero 08-22-2021 12:59 AM

IPA's taste like all their brewers are having a contest to see who can create the shittiest tasting one

And they're all winning

I say this to my IPA snob friends and co-workers and they come back with "you don't know enough about different kinds of alcohol so your opinion doesn't matter"

Jimjam 08-22-2021 02:19 AM

I love IPA, apparently the American ones are a bit different to the classic UK ones which were designed for export to the Raj.

I have found some are absolutely gross though, maybe you’re getting recommended these ones? Brewdog make one called Punk IPA which all the hipsters love but honestly it tastes like bongwater (I imagine ;)).

My favourite is Durgrund’s Hellfire, which I believe is only sold by Dwarf Brewmaster Josef Bugman.

Ooloo 08-22-2021 02:38 AM

There are definitely gross ones, but the really citrusy grapefruity ones are delicious. They are always obnoxiously expensive though, to my knowledge there's no reason they should be that expensive compared to like standard piss lager.

GinnasP99 08-22-2021 05:53 AM

Hops are closely related to cannabis.