Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Blue Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Artctic Mussels (ring 9 tainted avalanche ale component) (/forums/showthread.php?t=368455)

JackofSpade 09-24-2020 01:15 AM

Artctic Mussels (ring 9 tainted avalanche ale component)

Has anyone found or foraged any of these any time recently? They used to be a fairly common ground spawn in the water in CS near the otters when I used to look for them, but after spending about 5 hours on and off looking all around I haven't seen even one. No luck on foraging one either over that time period. Does anyone know if they still spawn there on the ground, or if that got changed or if its bugged? or if you have to kill the otter seashell collectors or something to get them to show up? Appreciate any feedback / advice, thanks.

Oh and also WTB Arctic Mussels - overpaying lol

Xulia 09-24-2020 08:28 AM

I have quite a few on my Druid - I think. /friend add Xullaea

I'll be on around 6:00 PM EST and can hook you up.

xdrcfrx 09-24-2020 09:56 AM

I'm pretty sure that there's no ground spawn, you just have to forage for them. Least, that's how I've got them in the past.

JackofSpade 09-24-2020 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xulia (Post 3185929)
I have quite a few on my Druid - I think. /friend add Xullaea

I'll be on around 6:00 PM EST and can hook you up.

Awesome thank you very much! I'll hit you up =)

Quote:

Originally Posted by xdrcfrx (Post 3185958)
I'm pretty sure that there's no ground spawn, you just have to forage for them. Least, that's how I've got them in the past.

There 100% were ground spawns at one point (a little bit into the water near the othmir camps), I used to pick them up from there all the time. So I'm just not sure if that was changed with a patch, is currently bugged, or if I am just having terrible luck with finding them.

Dreenk317 09-26-2020 04:04 PM

Can confirm they get foraged

Kaellaven 09-26-2020 09:25 PM

I did ring 9 on my ranger about a month ago and found them in CS near the otter merchants just in the water off the shore.

Vaarsuvius 09-28-2020 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackofSpade (Post 3185866)
Has anyone found or foraged any of these any time recently? They used to be a fairly common ground spawn in the water in CS near the otters when I used to look for them, but after spending about 5 hours on and off looking all around I haven't seen even one. No luck on foraging one either over that time period. Does anyone know if they still spawn there on the ground, or if that got changed or if its bugged? or if you have to kill the otter seashell collectors or something to get them to show up? Appreciate any feedback / advice, thanks.

Oh and also WTB Arctic Mussels - overpaying lol

Yes I have foraged some lately. Will have to check my logs, but I'm under the impression you can forage some in several zones, not only CS. I've spent some time in GD, EW, WL lately and I definitely got/ate some

bricke75 09-28-2020 08:44 AM

I foraged up 3 this morning in IceClad while farming Iceballs.

saftbudet 09-28-2020 10:04 AM

They used to be a ground spawn, but it was changed imtentionally (with no notice) or unintentionally. I posted a bug report, but noone cared.

I can never see them as ground spawn anymore, perhaps someone else can

Molitoth 09-28-2020 12:36 PM

I swam around for an hour the other day and never found one.

I randomly decided to hit the Forage button and got one first try.

Someone should update the wiki on the forage info, including being able to in IC.