Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Rants and Flames (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Are things really that much better on Blue? (/forums/showthread.php?t=411427)

WokeCat 11-26-2022 09:12 PM

Are things really that much better on Blue?

This isn't really a rant or a flame, but I just want to have a conversation I guess?

When I swapped to Blue, Kunark hadn't even came out on Green yet, and Blue felt like a paradise for solo players. But I think as Green has matured, a lot of people moved back to Blue, and it's like... no one on Blue seems to ever want to group, which wouldn't be a big deal, but it's like, every camp that you would normally want to solo seems over-farmed?

I'm not entirely sure that Blue is a better experience than Green in 2022? Don't quote me on this though, since I don't play on Green anymore. Perhaps people don't group that often over there anymore either? But on Blue it for sure feels impossible to get a group, and really hard to find an open solo camp unless you're playing at like 3AM on a week night.

I haven't had any hostile situations on Blue though. Most of the time I give my camp up to other people because they are so friendly and I feel bad for hogging it :o Especially when I was doing Treants because they were green to me, and it felt like I was just being super greedy lol.

35 shaman / 44 cleric lfg btw on blue

Cecily 11-26-2022 09:40 PM

Uh both servers are beyond geriatric at this point in the game. EQ is a game with a 2 year shelf life. Blue is like 12 years old and Green is getting up there, too. You missed the rush to 60 and you're gonna have a harder time leveling with either population. Blue seems remarkably dead, going by the visible EC tunnel pop any time I log on. Green has some life in it still.

Stonewallx39 11-26-2022 10:15 PM

I’ve played on both green and blue extensively. Both offer tons of fun and player interaction.

Your best bet grouping on Blue is to stick to more travelled zones of your level and take the initiative to pull groups together. Blue is full of players of all different personalities and expectations. I’m regularly in groups and if some asks to join but it would be a sub-optimal make up usually people will say “sure” or “the more the merrier”.

Green is also good, but your more travelled zones have even more and people seem to be a little more resource conscious. Having more people in zones means more groups, but it also means more competition. I think there is a hold over in culture on green from classic launch and population challenges where there was a lot of toxic selfishness and racing and other weirdness that isn’t classic but has become the meta. The being said 9 out of 10 people on green are great and there’s and awesome community.

Ananka 11-26-2022 10:21 PM

For the younger levels I get tells for groups quite often on Green but Cecily is right that the server has started to age. Having played on both servers recently I would say the grouping scene is more active on Green right now but I'm referring to sub level 20 groups.

Having said that, the two servers need to be merged in my opinion. There are people on Blue who are Blue or die and it would really help to have some new characters added to mix with them. Soon enough we'll get the new Green and most of the population on current Green will move on and it will resemble Blue but maybe even with less population then current Blue. Ok, I'll put away my crystal ball now...

Jimjam 11-26-2022 10:40 PM

I'm hankering after that new server smell again.

Caught wait to be left in the dust by levellers while I try make myself a full set of studded armour.

It's gonna be amazing!

Chortles Snortles 11-26-2022 10:53 PM

imagine rolling a new char to play with "i am a blue main since 2009" brainlets
(lol)

WokeCat 11-27-2022 01:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cecily (Post 3538049)
Uh both servers are beyond geriatric at this point in the game. EQ is a game with a 2 year shelf life. Blue is like 12 years old and Green is getting up there, too. You missed the rush to 60 and you're gonna have a harder time leveling with either population. Blue seems remarkably dead, going by the visible EC tunnel pop any time I log on. Green has some life in it still.

TBH I've never played extensively, but I feel like EQ is the other way around.. like my Cleric is over 2 years old and only level 44. The thought of hitting level 60 and getting BIS gear seems like something that would take years for a player like me.

magnetaress 11-27-2022 09:06 AM

Welcome to EQ. The way to get things done is make friends over decades and become an elf yourself.

G-d bless.

mycoolrausch 11-27-2022 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WokeCat (Post 3538097)
TBH I've never played extensively, but I feel like EQ is the other way around.. like my Cleric is over 2 years old and only level 44. The thought of hitting level 60 and getting BIS gear seems like something that would take years for a player like me.

It does take years. At the pace the average player plays at, and the retention rate of them, blue was a player rich, zone rich, level range rich, server until late 2018 or so. After that, more players had all the level 60 alts they wanted than new players trying to get level 60, and the dynamic of the server really changed.

So Blue lasted a solid 10 years before it transitioned to an end of life top heavy exclusive server.

Twochain 11-27-2022 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cecily (Post 3538049)

Trading has all but moved to discord

There's still 300+ people in tov on quakes etc