Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Technical Discussion (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Offline Bug/Can't send tells or /who all (/forums/showthread.php?t=133995)

Jeanee 01-04-2014 10:24 PM

Offline Bug/Can't send tells or /who all

Nothing has changed since last night besides this bug that seems to be happening to only one of my characters.

I currently cannot /who all "name" or "zone" and I also cannot /tell "name" anybody.

Other people cannot send me tells either and it tells them that I am "offline" when I am in-game.

The only difference between other characters and the bugged one is that it has DUXA's UI on it.

Anyone else experiencing the same bug and has found a resolution?

Thank you

JerSar 01-04-2014 10:51 PM

Have you tried zoning? this seems to be a thing with unexpected crashing.

Derubael 01-04-2014 10:53 PM

You have another client open somewhere in your house that's logged into the same account. That's the cause of this bug. Close that client, relog, and you should be fine.

If you are 100% sure (and I mean really sure. Check all process lists for open eq clients on all computers that are on the same IP), there are no other open clients on your ip, then restart your router and PC.

Thulack 01-04-2014 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Derubael (Post 1257488)
You have another client open somewhere in your house that's logged into the same account. That's the cause of this bug. Close that client, relog, and you should be fine.

If you are 100% sure (and I mean really sure. Check all process lists for open eq clients on all computers that are on the same IP), there are no other open clients on your ip, then restart your router and PC.

It's not the another account being active. I see it atleast 2-3 times a day with people and they have to log/zone and come back to have it fix iteself.

Derubael 01-04-2014 11:57 PM

It's essentially the same bug. If someone has long-lasting tell/who bug that persists through zoning and relogs, it's because they have another client logged into the account from the same IP. The system registers the character as being offline because of the second client, so you can't send them tells or see them on zone /who lists.

I'm not 100% sure what causes the temporary tell/who bug, but I usually see it happen to people who are trying to switch characters quickly. Waiting a few minutes or zoning always fixes this. If it doesn't go away, it's because of an open client.

:)

Dc2mitchell 04-24-2014 01:38 PM

Glad I researched this.... playing on my laptop...game all buggy. Desktop had character select on it.

evilkorn 04-24-2014 04:17 PM

I agree on the fast switching thing bugging out the client; when you do log into that character you can hit your friends list and it would come up empty, not no matches, you will either have tells saying the person is offline or you will not get what you just said in your chat box, even though the person received the tell successfully.

BUT, this does happen after you crash after death usually during a group/raid wipe or just crashing while zoning. When you get back on to the same character you can have the same issues. I am 73.5% sure there could be a server side issue with keeping a character (or IP of said player) hung on to longer than that is reported by the client, which explains why zoning or logging back out refreshes that session with the server. It may be this is a preventive measure to discourage fast switching, but it does spill over into real world situations.