Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Casters (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Robe fashion on green (/forums/showthread.php?t=337626)

ldgo86 10-24-2019 10:23 PM

Robe fashion on green

After doing some research there seem to be very few decent robes for int casters in classic. SMR will probably be the best, but what about fashion quest? Possibly Velvet trimmed satin robe?

Thoughts?

Jibartik 10-24-2019 10:38 PM

https://wiki.project1999.com/Cryosilk_Robe

Gossamer looks great early on.

FBR and that one from OOT is very popualr too.

SMR is a high class item for sure.

ldgo86 10-24-2019 10:42 PM

Oh damn that one looks amazing. That “one from OOT” is hideous and it’s name doesn’t need to be uttered ;) .. I hate that’s it’s so good early on.

Jibartik 10-24-2019 10:44 PM

Haha I agree to the point that I literally cannot remember its name whenever I try to.

Although, there is one race that can wear it with style, the darkelf.

ONLY the darkelf.

Next time you see one, notice how it looks like they have a nice stuffy ascot that like, looks real nice juxtaposed to their hair I spend way to much time thinking about everquest

ldgo86 10-24-2019 10:47 PM

Thank Solusek Ro there’s no iksars in classic (err vanilla I guess) . It burns my eyes when they wear that OOT robe

Jibartik 10-24-2019 11:05 PM

They should feel great shame.

Vexenu 10-24-2019 11:05 PM

Little known bit of EQ lore: the Oracle of K'Arnon was forcefully exiled to that island by a group of particularly stylish young Elves who could not stand his repugnant taste in outerwear. The Oracle himself, knowing that his garish fashion sense was likely to provoke rage from the nearby seafury cyclops (because offensively ugly clothing is doubly painful when one is forced to take it all in with only a single eye) begged his persecutors to at least allow him a defender. And so the Elves selected for him a guardian: a failed Paladin from Felwithe, an oafish, simpleton Elf who bungled his training so spectacularly by repeatedly casting blind on himself that he permanently lost his vision. And in doing so inadvertently qualified himself as the only suitable guardian for the Oracle, as he would be unable to apprehend the absolutely disgusting sartorial taste of his ward. And so it was that the Oracle and his guardian came to inhabit their lonely place on the island in OOT.

Stonewallx39 10-25-2019 07:39 AM

https://wiki.project1999.com/Flowing_Black_Robe