Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Bugs (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Game Mechanics: (attn: high priest) Channeling rate way too high (/forums/showthread.php?t=157967)

Nirgon 07-16-2014 11:44 AM

(attn: high priest) Channeling rate way too high

I was thinking a little while ago while I casted an allure through my VoG hasted/dual wielding pet + another mob on me for the 4th time after charm broke that I should make a thread about channeling rate.

Try it on live if you want. If a dev is interested I have a level 60 vintage caster (channeling skill / no fancy new gear) to compare to live.

If we could knock this down so gaining agro on a caster is significant, that'd be cool with me :cool:.

Rhambuk 07-16-2014 11:49 AM

casters, always got it too easy in classic still getting it to easy here.

bastards

Nirgon 07-16-2014 12:17 PM

ez channelerino
ez gamerino
ez liferino

Daldaen 07-16-2014 12:47 PM

Channeling pre-GoD, when it was revamped, was largely a game of location. IE you are at location (1000,1000). Your channeling skill increased the delta tolerance to successfully finish that spell. It only checked beginning and end.

So let's say with max channeling that tolerance 10 units, If you are anywhere within the circle drawn from (1000,1000) with a radius 10, at the end of your cast, you will channel.

This is why cornering yourself helps so much and why channeling in water is horrid.

It also let allowed you to get in a corner, cast CH, run around for 5 seconds, then get back snug in your corner and still cast even after moving around so much.

That was just movement/push channeling. For channeling a CH clerics would often take a small step forward near the end if they were getting beat down.

I think there was a small chance for melee hits to break channeling, but it mostly came down to how much on the X,Y axis your character moved when comparing beginning of cast and end of cast locations.

I seem to recall a dev post explaining this all a bit more. I'd have to dig for it though.

planarity 07-16-2014 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daldaen (Post 1536686)
Channeling pre-GoD, when it was revamped, was largely a game of location. IE you are at location (1000,1000). Your channeling skill increased the delta tolerance to successfully finish that spell. It only checked beginning and end.

So let's say with max channeling that tolerance 10 units, If you are anywhere within the circle drawn from (1000,1000) with a radius 10, at the end of your cast, you will channel.

This is why cornering yourself helps so much and why channeling in water is horrid.

It also let allowed you to get in a corner, cast CH, run around for 5 seconds, then get back snug in your corner and still cast even after moving around so much.

That was just movement/push channeling. For channeling a CH clerics would often take a small step forward near the end if they were getting beat down.

I think there was a small chance for melee hits to break channeling, but it mostly came down to how much on the X,Y axis your character moved when comparing beginning of cast and end of cast locations.

I seem to recall a dev post explaining this all a bit more. I'd have to dig for it though.

Everything you posted here agrees with my experience on P99. So are you saying we have it correct atm?

Nirgon 07-16-2014 01:12 PM

Ya I couldn't just stand there and spam sunstrikes thru unslowed mobs attacking me 999 times out of 1000 on trilogy live.

I snortle to myself as I just cast whatever I want even through hasted/quadding mobs here.

(I'm aware of "corner casting")

Daldaen 07-16-2014 01:37 PM

Corner casting you should channel through most everything if it's a true corner.

I feel like it's correct on this server though, yes.

Nirgon you're gonna need some evidence on this subject to get Haynar to change it. And don't just cherry pick one or two examples of people not channeling cause I'm sure those exist. If you feel we are channeling way more effectively than classic need more than one or two quotes about being interrupted when casting.

Scrubosaur 07-16-2014 01:52 PM

Lately, I have had more of a problem channeling spells with mobs beating on me. I was going to ask in a post if there was a change, but it may have something to do with having DMF up or the z-axis problem. I believe channeling is fine on p99. When charming mobs in HS I would need to cast screaming terror and then charm in order to not get knocked out of channeling.

Pint 07-16-2014 01:55 PM

In my experience it has always been hard to get an allure off after a stun unless you short mez first, that's always been the biggest advantage to using boltrans imo. Maybe it changed recently but I distinctly remember it never channeling on wep'd pets in seb/hs unless I got lucky.

Haynar 07-16-2014 02:03 PM

Channeling is too easy. Since I started seperating the pc/npc calcs some, can look at more.

I know without channeling skill, getting hit once should cause a failure.

Corner casting is based around position. I need to tweak it.

How is channeling doing on npc's lately? Still too easy to interrupt? Or better?

H