Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   When an antivaxxer get covid (/forums/showthread.php?t=390362)

Whale biologist 08-24-2021 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thorgrimm (Post 3351050)
It has a 99.9% survival rate

The vast majority of people that it kills are obese

Not the point retard

Whale biologist 08-24-2021 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by imperiouskitten (Post 3351046)
lol yeah, that definition ain't accurate. very aspirational tho.

also this is probably me responding to bait, but pokesan is ass backwards wrong as usual. fever etc is downstream of when antibodies DO detect something, not when they don't, obviously.

the difference is that ideally, when armed properly, your border troops will never allow enough virons in to replicate into a systemic reaction. But the reaction is, in fact, your body recognizing virus.

Is it untrue that often the immune response is the true murderer? 🤔

imperiouskitten 08-24-2021 08:19 PM

yes your immune response can kill or harm you in myriad ways. this is why anti-inflammatories "are a thing" among a million others

unsunghero 08-24-2021 08:20 PM

It is undeniable that obese people are more at risk, along with the elderly and people with serious pre-existing health conditions

One thing not mentioned however is how much exposure someone had. A lot of healthy healthcare workers had serious covid symptoms and it was preposed that if a lot of the virus enters the body at once, it could overwhelm the body’s ability to mount a defense. Picture tiny virus cells in droplets. The ideal would be just 1 or 2 entering the body and beginning to replicate, the body’s immune system responds and deals with them. However, if thousands entered the body at roughly the same time and began to replicate at the same rate as the 1 or 2 from before, you could have an entirely different situation

Once again, disclaimer: don’t ban me, this is not medical advice, consult your doctor, I am not a doctor

Whale biologist 08-24-2021 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by imperiouskitten (Post 3351054)
yes your immune response can kill or harm you in myriad ways. this is why anti-inflammatories "are a thing" among a million others

I see. Can we also say your correction is narrow and flaccid?

https://i.imgur.com/wRfzyzA.gif

bomaroast 08-24-2021 08:27 PM

Nah, Ill pass on the test the same as Ill pass ok the vaccine. if this flu that I have is the virus, so be it. If it’s not, so be it.

Shawk 08-24-2021 08:29 PM

Quote:

Nah, Ill pass on the test the same as Ill pass ok the vaccine. if this flu that I have is the virus, so be it. If it’s not, so be it.

Won't stop you from telling people you had covid probably.

You're a fucking moron.

Shawk 08-24-2021 08:32 PM

Quote:

That's a cool story bro. Healthy people don't need vaccines because we have this neat little thing called an immune system. Maybe if idiots stopped shoveling fast food and soda into their fat faces their immune systems would actually do what they're supposed to.

Hahahahahahah

imperiouskitten 08-24-2021 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whale biologist (Post 3351057)
I see. Can we also say your correction is narrow and flaccid?

https://i.imgur.com/wRfzyzA.gif

not really reading your posts for the context considering your pathology toward me; just commenting when i saw misinformation. bye!

unsunghero 08-24-2021 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bomaroast (Post 3351059)

It takes like 20 min (it’s just a cheek swab, not even one of those nasal swabs anymore), you just pick a time slot, hop out of your car, walk up to an outside makeshift tent area and do a quick cheek swab. They text your result within like an hour

It can matter especially with your work, if you are working. Your work is required to give you a set amount of time to quarantine, so you could have a longer break if you wanted. Also it can matter in regards to putting your co-workers friends and family (the vulnerable ones) at risk

Aside from doing any of this, then I guess the best plan would be to assume u have it and quarantine until you are at least 3 days in a row without symptoms. That’s what many workplaces are asking for for someone to return to work, although mine needed to see a negative test