Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   When an antivaxxer get covid (/forums/showthread.php?t=390362)

unsunghero 12-29-2021 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ooloo (Post 3404634)
If you're a healthy 35yo male I'd highly doubt the dull pain was actually your heart. Probably just some type of benign muscular\skeletal\joint pain. Your ribs have little joints where they connect to your sternum, right over your heart. I get pains in those sometimes and it used to freak me out cause I thought I was having heart attacks or something.

I dunno, how is a racing 200bpm heart beat joint pain?

Ooloo 12-29-2021 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unsunghero (Post 3404787)
I dunno, how is a racing 200bpm heart beat joint pain?

Oh no I didn't mean that- that's obviously super sketchy, I was only talking about the ache he said he had.

unsunghero 12-29-2021 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ooloo (Post 3404797)
Oh no I didn't mean that- that's obviously super sketchy, I was only talking about the ache he said he had.

I might be anxiety, but having both that and a pain in chest at the same time seems concerning

The only time in my life I can recall having a heart beat like that when at rest and not active was after a party where I had consumed like 6+ cans of “Sparks”, a delicious but I believe now-banned mixture of 12% alcohol + caffeine

I remember it freaked me out enough I had my cousin drive me (since he was always sober at parties and thus Designated Dave) to the ER, but upon arrival, my bp was normal

Ooloo 12-29-2021 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unsunghero (Post 3404799)
I might be anxiety, but having both that and a pain in chest at the same time seems concerning

The only time in my life I can recall having a heart beat like that when at rest and not active was after a party where I had consumed like 6+ cans of “Sparks”, a delicious but I believe now-banned mixture of 12% alcohol + caffeine

I remember it freaked me out enough I had my cousin drive me (since he was always sober at parties and thus Designated Dave) to the ER, but upon arrival, my bp was normal

Haha yeah, we used to have Fourlokos which were the same thing, and also got banned and they had to take the caffeine out in order to start selling it again.

I guess I'm just primed to reassure people if they are worried about cardiac stuff cause when I was in my early 20's I had extremely bad anxiety and panic issues, and I didn't know that's what they were at the time, and I started having extremely fast racing heartbeats and skipped heartbeats and thought I was gonna die for like five years, it was really awful. Then I finally saw a doctor and a cardiologist and they determined everything was fine and I just had horrible anxiety, which triggers huge adrenaline and other hormonal things that affect the heart.

unsunghero 12-29-2021 10:38 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Elizondo 12-29-2021 10:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 16510

Ooloo 12-29-2021 11:31 PM

^^^ crickets cause there's no good rebuttal to that cartoon

starkind 12-30-2021 12:48 AM

Homesteaded 12-30-2021 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by starkind (Post 3404879)

There are two, polar opposite readings to this that reasonable people could come to.

Whale biologist 12-30-2021 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Homesteaded (Post 3404882)
There are two, polar opposite readings to this that reasonable people could come to.

There's more than that but the one you're thinking of only plays in Peoria.

Muscles aren't too useful against viruses.