Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   News & Announcements (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Patch Notes: Friday, July 14th, 2017 (/forums/showthread.php?t=277618)

Haynar 07-16-2017 09:08 PM

Its set to like 0.5% chance to be left behind.

So it is a low chance to happen.

Bummey 07-16-2017 10:37 PM

Maybe up it a little, spice up our evacuations.

Victorio 07-17-2017 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nuggie (Post 2556829)
It already does this. It was more like 10% of the time. 50% is riduculous.

10% chance to be left behind for any player means close to 50% that one person out of the full group gets left behind.

Haynar 07-17-2017 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Victorio (Post 2557158)
10% chance to be left behind for any player means close to 50% that one person out of the full group gets left behind.

At 0.5% per person, thats 3% someone is left behind. I made it annoying. But not too often. I lacked solid numbers on an actual fail rate. So I totally guessed.

The general rule, if people complain too much, its probably too high. If they never complain, likely too low.

H

Victorio 07-17-2017 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Haynar (Post 2557161)
At 0.5% per person, thats 3% someone is left behind. I made it annoying. But not too often. I lacked solid numbers on an actual fail rate. So I totally guessed.

The general rule, if people complain too much, its probably too high. If they never complain, likely too low.

H

To be clear I'm not endorsing the 10% view. I played back then but I honestly don't remember what the left behind percentage was like. It never stuck out to me as much of an issue. The first time I had it happen here it was like "oh yeah that could happen." NFI if the single char % should be 1% or 10%.

Erati 07-17-2017 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Debaser8 (Post 2556879)
What exactly happened to cancel magic? I can't dispel damage shields anymore with it. A goblin boneslaver in droga was kicking the ass of my 56 necro because of it.

+1

bilirubin 07-17-2017 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PL_Barton (Post 2556602)
Search the forum for SAVOK.....download the DEFAULT UI from his post. Replace your UI folder with it. Relaunch.....there are some sweet adjustments/mods in his post you can incorporate.

Thanks for the advice. I wasn't able to download the default UI file from the link (it might be expired?!) so I just went ahead and reinstalled the entire game, so issue resolved.

Tava 07-17-2017 04:49 PM

After repeated downloads and extractions I keep getting a error saying my spell files are out of date.

I checked the main directory and Resources and all the spell related files have a new date so I am confused.

mdavis522 07-17-2017 06:18 PM

Hi guys, thank you for the update. Glad to be able to play this wonderful game. Maybe you already know, but there are a couple of things I wasn't sure you were aware of that I thought you might want to hear. Nothing big. In a few zones since the v45 update, the daytime sky is black where is was not before. And, on a few quests, the npc dialogue doesn't come after saying the magic words to them. The hand-ins still work without going thru the dialogue tho. When the magic words are said, the npc will still jerk his body towards you like he hears you, he just doesn't reply with his scripted lines. It happened a few times, but I was just exploring around Qeynos and some other places near there. I'm sure it would be more helpful if I could remember which npcs they were. Sorry about that. It was several of them just while I was messing around. I should've written it down, I suppose. :/

loramin 07-17-2017 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdavis522 (Post 2557386)
Hi guys, thank you for the update. Glad to be able to play this wonderful game. Maybe you already know, but there are a couple of things I wasn't sure you were aware of that I thought you might want to hear. Nothing big. In a few zones since the v45 update, the daytime sky is black where is was not before. And, on a few quests, the npc dialogue doesn't come after saying the magic words to them. The hand-ins still work without going thru the dialogue tho. When the magic words are said, the npc will still jerk his body towards you like he hears you, he just doesn't reply with his scripted lines. It happened a few times, but I was just exploring around Qeynos and some other places near there. I'm sure it would be more helpful if I could remember which npcs they were. Sorry about that. It was several of them just while I was messing around. I should've written it down, I suppose. :/

These may or may not get noticed here. If you want to be sure that they get seen by the developers you should post them in the bugs section of the forum (and I'm sure they'd appreciate it if you made a separate post for each issue).