Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Rants and Flames (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   how long (/forums/showthread.php?t=395523)

derpcake2 12-01-2021 02:43 PM

how long

Let us say someone put the info on their 49 cleric on green online, so those who wanted could res their friends.

How long would it take for the gear to get plundered and/or the char to get deleted?

What are the odds the character makes progress?

EQBarde 12-01-2021 02:45 PM

Green is dead.

trinkets 12-01-2021 02:52 PM

A day at best before plundered and bound rudely.

Evia 12-01-2021 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trinkets (Post 3394084)
A day at best before plundered and bound rudely.

Danth 12-01-2021 04:00 PM

Stuff like that has been done before on P1999. Said character invariably gets stripped or outright deleted by some joker almost immediately.

Danth

Skarne 12-01-2021 04:52 PM

My philosophy on that matter is basically this: Don't ever, for any reason, do anything to anyone for any reason ever, no matter what, no matter where, or who, or who you are with, or where you are going, or where you've been... ever, for any reason whatsoever...

unsunghero 12-01-2021 05:11 PM

Brings back memories of me frantically texting and emailing my friend or guildmate to let them know that their WoW character is standing naked at the mailbox mailing away all their stuff while they are at work

Back in the day before authenticators, even big sites like Curse Gaming had mods riddled with keyloggers

Twochain 12-01-2021 05:25 PM

on BLUE there was a few accounts that lasted years where at least 10% of the server + members of pretty much every guild had the access too. Inevitably these accounts get banned more often then they are char deleted etc.

Droppable gear is insta gone always though. ALWAYS. I think it would be awesome if there was a list of like, "Community accessible accounts" backed by GM's, so that those accounts CANNOT have any of the items worn on account when a snapshot is taken, dropped deleted or traded. Can not gain or lose exp, cannot enter ANY raid zone. There are a lot of old time players that would be more than happy to oblige.

That would probably require a lot of work. And maybe having access to level 60 toons would "ruin" the experience for some players.. but that would be a pretty cool community project.

Skarne 12-01-2021 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twochain (Post 3394159)
on BLUE there was a few accounts that lasted years where at least 10% of the server + members of pretty much every guild had the access too. Inevitably these accounts get banned more often then they are char deleted etc.

Droppable gear is insta gone always though. ALWAYS. I think it would be awesome if there was a list of like, "Community accessible accounts" backed by GM's, so that those accounts CANNOT have any of the items worn on account when a snapshot is taken, dropped deleted or traded. Can not gain or lose exp, cannot enter ANY raid zone. There are a lot of old time players that would be more than happy to oblige.

That would probably require a lot of work. And maybe having access to level 60 toons would "ruin" the experience for some players.. but that would be a pretty cool community project.

Not classic

Naethyn 12-01-2021 11:37 PM

Don't let a herpes character get you banned in the next rmt sweep.