Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Blue Guild Discussion (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Consider classic (/forums/showthread.php?t=397531)

F0rmsh1fter 01-08-2022 08:05 PM

Consider classic

Hey folks, just testing out the waters here. I had the idea to start a completely closed, classic guild. It’ll be quarantined from the not classic elements of this our glorious server like high end gear, accesss to wikis, and rushing to endgame

The point of this guild would be to truly experience classic Everquest as best we can on the server. Invites would require your character to be newly made. No twinking, no hand outs from hyper rich pals or kindly adventurers throwing pity pixels at your half naked ass. Your tarnished short sword and patchwork leather armor will carry you til you can get some brass to drop. Tradeskilling would be encouraged, as this would allow us to make things without relying solely on dropped gear. We would enjoy the true spirit of the game. Adventuring for adventures sake, not sitting in one spot for an entire level bracket, pulling nonstop to grind with glazed over eyes while the wizard watches netflix and the cleric goes afk mid fight to let their dog out. We would delve into level appropriate dungeons or zones, constantly crawling and seeing what we can see while appreciating and then killing the local fauna.

The game, fundamentally, was about exploring, adventuring, and having fun with friends taking on challenges together and overcoming obstacles. If you want a fast track to endgame and OP gear on your level 2 rogue, go play WoW or live eq.

Anyway, I’d love some feedback from the community. If I can get enough people interested, I’d love to see this happen and form a band of top quality pals that can depend on each other and adventure side by side

F0rmsh1fter 01-08-2022 08:07 PM

Thanks for coming to my TEDtalk

Bobjenson 01-09-2022 10:44 AM

Message me when you plan to start, sounds like a blast.

F0rmsh1fter 01-09-2022 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobjenson (Post 3408838)
Message me when you plan to start, sounds like a blast.

Will do! Might get it going tonight if we can get a couple more people on board

F0rmsh1fter 01-09-2022 11:17 AM

We need 3 more people to petition for guild creation, IS THERE NO ONE ELSE

Darkwulf58 01-10-2022 11:34 AM

Not so new an idea: https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=255352

Who is the contact person?

F0rmsh1fter 01-10-2022 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darkwulf58 (Post 3409259)
Not so new an idea: https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=255352

Who is the contact person?

Thanks for the bump chief

eqravenprince 03-28-2022 02:26 PM

Did this ever get formed? I am also looking for a classic only no twink guild.

Penish 03-29-2022 01:23 AM

try something new, k thnx.

7thGate 03-31-2022 01:36 PM

This is Auld Lang Syne, except for the no wiki access part.

And yes, it was pretty amazing to level up with friends, questing all those quests that people don't do anymore and going out to earn all of your upgrades. I loved going from rusty weapons to snake fangs, to getting my first magical weapon drop from a Lesser Blade Fiend in Unrest, to doing my Burning Rapier quest before getting some of the Kunark weapons, culminating in doing my Epic.

I loved exploring Najena, Befallen, Sol A, Kedge, Droga and Siren's Grotto with other at level guildies. Doing my epic entirely in guild with a motely collection of level mid 50's and a 60 necro was the highlight of my P99 gaming experience.

Green server kind of killed most of the leveling activity and population in guild though, as the majority of people who wanted this kind of experience could get it there. We have a small group of mostly level 60's who stuck around that do raiding as part of the Aegis alliance, and an occasional smattering of new people trickling in for a bit or someone running an alt in guild. Without an active group leveling up though, its a very different experience that when I joined.

Perhaps the time has come to try and put together a new cohort interested in questing their way up together.