Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Red Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   Best warm body pvp class? (/forums/showthread.php?t=357320)

magnetaress 04-29-2020 06:06 PM

Best warm body pvp class?

Assume a few things:
  • Zero player skill
  • Real bad situational awareness
  • Easily confused when needing to switch targets
  • Indecisive
  • Hard time tracking targets
  • Can barely hotkey /target Gustoo
  • Wants to be usefull to a pvp guild endgame
  • not a real big fan of pumice or stacking buffs appropriately
  • wants to be able to maybe soak some incoming dmg and at least feel good about that

This is sort of based out of curiosity. I don't think wizard would qualify they require being able to right click epic.

Warrior?
Paladin?
Cleric?

Maybe SK, for the HT and done?

Ranger? Just sit there and spam bow/root/snare until dead? everyone will probably ignore u if u suck and dont have windstriker?

Bigsham 04-29-2020 07:11 PM

Chomps hormone pill and makes another thread Look at me !!

Danger 04-29-2020 07:40 PM

interested as i am terrible at everquest.

magnetaress 04-29-2020 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigsham (Post 3120534)
Chomps hormone pill and makes another thread Look at me !!

Been chomping the almond milk chocolate, up 40lbs, feels good man, keep'n myself warm at night, don't even need a "Knight".

*also why u gotta bring this shit up on the furrams, like, I get it, pm me this as much as u want but this is EQ

It's about pvp.
And the warmest body in PvP.

Not IRLs.

Jimjam 04-30-2020 02:44 AM

I went half elf warrior (Innorruuk). Did bother with anon, I was happy with the idea of people trying to hunt me down. The closest thing I had to pvp in the first 40 levels was someone grief porting me to a kos location. They thought I was someone else as my name included the word ‘hate’. As I was out of pvp range I posted a bounty for their death on the forums.

After 40 i started hanging out with Thunderdome in solb and occasionally druids would drop in to aoe us.

kotton05 04-30-2020 09:24 AM

I think a warm body bard might be best for y’all

magnetaress 04-30-2020 11:12 AM

So. My next elf, leaning heavily on a warrior. Thinking remotely about an SK.

I could get my 51 necro up to like 54 and in the process twink out a cleric or druid.

My Wiz is chugging along nicely at 42.

The problem is all these paths are equally attractive right now and I am still not heavily invested in socializing regularly. And I struggle with a strong aversion to being a reliable well known asset to the server.

Gustoo 04-30-2020 11:28 AM

I think you might enjoy SK because of the harm touch then done, pretty beefy even when they're being dumb. Can feign death to get outa some negligence based trouble.

Paladin I think is really garbage unless played with good tactics. The plus side is you are forced to be a goodly race where even a lowly high elf is not the most terrible option. I can't decide who I think is the best race for a palladin. Probably high elf for the charisma and wisdom and night vision.

magnetaress 04-30-2020 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gustoo (Post 3120840)
I think you might enjoy SK because of the harm touch then done, pretty beefy even when they're being dumb. Can feign death to get outa some negligence based trouble.

Paladin I think is really garbage unless played with good tactics. The plus side is you are forced to be a goodly race where even a lowly high elf is not the most terrible option. I can't decide who I think is the best race for a palladin. Probably high elf for the charisma and wisdom and night vision.

Thanks for taking me seriously. Last time I played a paladin I had this fantasy about being some kind of cleric that can also smite mobs and help people and be good at pvp. I think I am beyond that now.

High elf would be the best paladin.

Followed by Erudite, I think.

Cool thing is my erudite wizard could probabbly farm terrorantuala silks and make steelsilk armor by now, but that would require more investment and lots of dead HGs or seafuries or something, which would lead to me might as well leveling my wizard, which is what I am doing while I ruminate on these elf universe thoughts and feelings.

SK is always a character I dreamed of leveling up as a kid, still do, still wish I could have dedicated more energy and effort to my SK on green, but IDK. It's tough to feel 'required to be a competent tank'. I want to be horrible at it and not feel guilt.

Also, if anyone else does consider red, I want them to read a thread and see there are other options available other then being #1 pvp champ on the box.

Gustoo 04-30-2020 01:57 PM

Defo bard with manasong is the way to go there.