Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Blue Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   getting drunk *in game* (/forums/showthread.php?t=311034)

choppedandglued 11-18-2018 12:28 PM

getting drunk *in game*

this isn't anything like classic. I remember the textures warping like alice in wonderland. Also it made your speech jumbled. Why is this so off on the game? Did they really lose that much of the code? How do you lose code anyways. Nobody backed it up on a USB stick or something. Can anybody chime in, this seems weird.

ScaringChildren 11-18-2018 12:36 PM

I think your alcohol is working just fine

loramin 11-18-2018 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by choppedandglued (Post 2809859)
this isn't anything like classic. I remember the textures warping like alice in wonderland. Also it made your speech jumbled.

Having just gotten drunk in-game with my Druid two days ago (to celebrate getting epic pieces), I can confirm that it still does both those things. Clearly you're not drinking enough.

Quote:

Originally Posted by choppedandglued (Post 2809859)
Why is this so off on the game? Did they really lose that much of the code? How do you lose code anyways. Nobody backed it up on a USB stick or something. Can anybody chime in, this seems weird.

No, no one backed up the original EQ server code on a USB stick. If they did that stick would be worth a decent amount of money.

Evia 11-18-2018 05:17 PM

Works for me like i remember

Swish2 11-18-2018 07:31 PM

Sounds like the brewery fat cats are trying to make us drink more, and it's working.

choppedandglued 11-19-2018 04:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loramin (Post 2809915)
Having just gotten drunk in-game with my Druid two days ago (to celebrate getting epic pieces), I can confirm that it still does both those things. Clearly you're not drinking enough.

No, no one backed up the original EQ server code on a USB stick. If they did that stick would be worth a decent amount of money.

I'll try to drink more, but it made me go side to side extremely fast after drinking 3 beers. Also no textures stretched out like they used to. Another thing my wis and int went down at an extremely huge rate. I also remember gaining strength from being drunk. Like I said, I'll try it again, it might of just bugged out on me.

Ortnit 11-19-2018 09:37 AM

A few weeks ago i farmed a Shrunken Goblin Skull earring for 11(!) hours straight on my necro. :mad:
After it finally dropped a Mage from the Guild Mimes who say Nothing (or something like that) cheered for me and summoned a party pack with alcohol and fireworks. Thanks again mate :)

Anyways, after firing the fireworks i got drunk on the summoned alcohol clicking it as often as possible until it said something like you couldn't possibly get any more intoxicated.
WIS dropped to 1 and INT to 1 or at least very low. My vision was distorted as hell, same as i remember it from live. I can't say if my speech was jumbled or if STR got up, though.

The next day i had to spend about 20 minutes afk medding to get the necro sober again. :rolleyes:

Seems to work as intended.

lctucker2999 11-19-2018 03:43 PM

talking in emotes while drunk ftw :)

cobhc3 11-19-2018 04:21 PM

Oh it definitely works as intended. Want to try again? Meet me in Kelethin tonight around 8pm EST. I will be summoning Brell's finest Holy Ale for us!

aaezil 11-19-2018 04:56 PM

You didnt drink enough

Lightweight