Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Priests (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   Fixation of Ro (/forums/showthread.php?t=395194)

realsubtle 11-24-2021 09:05 AM

Fixation of Ro

Cheap, sticks if you're persistent, maximum 60 Attack debuff with a little bonus 18 AC Debuff. One of the few direct enemy stat debuffs for Druid.

I can't find much information on the effectiveness of a direct Attack debuff on a mob. Could anyone help me sort out what effect such a debuff would have in practical terms?

Basically, I'm curious about whether there is a noticeable drop in enemy attack output for Druids who use this in groups.

DeathsSilkyMist 11-24-2021 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by realsubtle (Post 3391341)
Cheap, sticks if you're persistent, maximum 60 Attack debuff with a little bonus 18 AC Debuff. One of the few direct enemy stat debuffs for Druid.

I can't find much information on the effectiveness of a direct Attack debuff on a mob. Could anyone help me sort out what effect such a debuff would have in practical terms?

Basically, I'm curious about whether there is a noticeable drop in enemy attack output for Druids who use this in groups.

Similar to the Shaman debuff line, it isn't useful for most solo/group content. This is because most solo/group content dies quickly and doesn't hit very hard to begin with. These debuffs are only really good for raid content, where things hit very hard, die slow, and need every advantage you can get to kill them quickly. Basically the mana/time/spell slot requirements for the spell aren't worth the benefits for most solo/group content. Better to spend that mana/time/spell slot on a heal or DoT.

realsubtle 11-25-2021 02:14 AM

Wow, thank you for the response, that definitely makes it clearer, I can see how it would be useful in those raid situations where you absolutely need to maximize advantage and how the numerical differences wouldnt be worth it on trash mobs in group scenarios.

Jhesair 12-13-2021 06:36 PM

It also causes massive amounts of snap aggro and will get you a free port to bind