Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Priests (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   Stun duration: *some player-cast stuns are capped at 4 seconds (/forums/showthread.php?t=393867)

Skru 10-28-2021 03:29 PM

Stun duration: *some player-cast stuns are capped at 4 seconds

As a cleric I see I have some stuns that lasts longer than 4 seconds. However in the wiki it says the following for example for the spell Enforced Reverence:
Stun for 8.0* seconds up to level 55 (*some player-cast stuns are capped at 4 seconds)

I tried to look around but I couldn't find out where the (*some player-cast stuns are capped at 4 seconds) might apply.

Do anyone of you guys know what type of mobs would cap it to only 4 seconds?

Jimjam 10-28-2021 05:31 PM

From what I understand:

Basically any stun that isn’t a mez or fear* will last no longer than 4 seconds.

... unless it is cast by a mob in which case the player is fecked for the next 8 seconds.

Would be cool if cleric/wiz stuns last their full duration. Feels like the dev that designed wiz spells didn’t know their stuns would be capped at 4 secs.

* maybe different for enc/nec. My most played 50+ casters here are cleric and wiz.

Are you saying your stuns exceed 4 sec duration?

Vivitron 10-28-2021 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimjam (Post 3381071)
* maybe different for enc/nec

Enchanters do get the full duration of their color stuns (8s for the two higher level stuns, 6s and 4s for the two lower).

booleansphinx 10-28-2021 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimjam (Post 3381071)
From what I understand:

Basically any stun that isn’t a mez or fear* will last no longer than 4 seconds.

... unless it is cast by a mob in which case the player is fecked for the next 8 seconds.

Dang, this is actually true? I never made a Cleric, and I always assumed those notes were false, especially given how they are worded.

Does anyone who played in Classic remember this being true? Makes even less sense if Enchanter stuns aren't capped.