Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Tanks (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Warrior gearing in green (/forums/showthread.php?t=334292)

garfo 09-20-2019 02:33 PM

Warrior gearing in green

For those brave souls planning on rolling a warrior in Green, what are your armor goals going to be? Is Crafted worth pursuing?

Dolalin 09-20-2019 03:53 PM

Crafted won't be in the game at launch.

You'll be wielding 2x Langseax, wearing banded and bronze if you're lucky, and drooling over rubicite.

garfo 09-20-2019 04:59 PM

Oh! When did crafted get added?

Dolalin 09-20-2019 05:00 PM

I want to say Fall of 1999 so a fair few patches in.

nasgul 09-20-2019 09:23 PM

Also, crafted will definitely be worth pursuing once it's in. It's not too hard to get and great until planar gear.

Seungkyu 09-21-2019 06:16 AM

I want Lustrous Russet, but with nearly every melee class (even rogues) going for it, it will probably be way too contested to get a full set.

Wenai 09-21-2019 08:11 AM

This would be my suggestion for gearing pre-raid:

Early Weapons: Langseax, Obsidian Dagger
Mid Weapons: Electrum-Bladed Wakizashi, Gnoll Hide Lariat
Late Weapons: Short Sword of the Ykesha

This is probably what you should be going for with weapons.

Early Armor: Banded (Visible Total AC = 63)
Mid Armor: Bronze (Visible Total AC = 83)
Late Armor: Rubicite (Visible Total AC = 92), Fine Plate (Visible Total AC = 92)
Post-SolRo Armor: Crafted (Visible Total AC = 106)

I honestly wouldn't bother with Rubicite unless you are after it for limited release reasons. Fine Plate has the exact same AC, you won't be competing with everyone else (including casters) for rolls. All you need to do is find out who the server smithy is (on Blue it was Bubbles). Help them out by farming components for the leather padding and I am sure they will be able to work out a decent deal.

Earrings: Diamondine Earring
Face: Dented Brass Mask, Grotesque Alloy Mask
Rings: Jagged Bands (pre-SolRo), Platinum Fire Wedding Rings (Post-SolRo).
Head: Skull Shaped Barbute
Wrist: Hero Bracers
Shoulders: Crested Spaulders, Carnal Pauldrons, Crafted Pauldrons, Bloodstained Mantle
Back: Hooded Black Cloak, Cloak of Shadows, Werewolf Skin Cloak, Cloak of the Ice Bear
Waist: Flowing Black Silk Sash
Range: Runed Bone Fork

These are the things I would be aiming for pre-Planar.

Wallicker 09-21-2019 09:37 AM

No Axe of the Slayers?
No kitsch de pav?
No runny eye loots?

Zeboim 09-21-2019 11:13 AM

I feel like the fbss is probably the biggest pipe dream in classic. Talk about a giant demand.

Danth 09-21-2019 11:29 AM

Wenai: I don't believe fine plate was in until the Kunark-era's major blacksmithing patch. P99 having it originally was thus something of a glitch. In classic prior to sol-ro players upgraded their bronze armor to rubicite or mix-and-match pieces. Higher-level tank types often ended up looking like a walking scrapyard.

Danth