Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Blue Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Inner City Guards (/forums/showthread.php?t=126896)

Yumyums Inmahtumtums 11-02-2013 06:41 PM

Inner City Guards

As a preface to this thread, I'm just trying to save some time from running across the world and checking.

The Wiki has the guards inside most cities listed as "immune to magic" but I was under the impression this really only applied to the two guards at the gate in most cities. Does anyone know if most guards that roam cities (typically between 35-43) are actually immune to magic?

Thanks in advance kind community.

SCB 11-02-2013 06:56 PM

Guards that roam cities are most assuredly not immune to magic.

Potus 11-02-2013 07:01 PM

Only the newbie guards are immune to magic. So every guard inside Kaladim should be fair game, while the 4 guards posted outside in Butcherblock will steam roll any caster.

Yumyums Inmahtumtums 11-02-2013 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Potus (Post 1169672)
Only the newbie guards are immune to magic. So every guard inside Kaladim should be fair game, while the 4 guards posted outside in Butcherblock will steam roll any caster.

Good to know - Kaladim was actually what I was thinking about in terms of xping off guards:
- appears to be lots of spawns.
- levels 40-43 (db to a 54).
- 1.3x xp over outdoor zones.
- stable loot.
- can bind at druid port in and vend.
- shrink cuz I'm a barb.
- dorfs.

Any other good cities out there? I'm thinking halas wouldn't be too bad if it weren't for the fact that I don't want to shit in my own backyard.

pharmakos 11-02-2013 07:21 PM

do the world a favor and go kill some Dark Elves

uygi 11-02-2013 07:29 PM

Halas guards are lvl 40. I think Neriak 3rd gate has mobs high enough, not sure about Neriak commons (I couldn't really split the commons guards well on my mage so didn't bother with them much); FQ guards are great XP but lower, I forget how low.

I'd imagine your real baseline is a comparison to KC soloing...

SavageBeast15 11-02-2013 09:09 PM

I hear that the high elf city has decent level guards, never personally done it so can't add too much, but a 55ish necro told me he's solo'd there so maybe try there if you're in the neighborhood checking kaladim

MaksimMazor 11-02-2013 10:11 PM

The inner city guards are tougher than the suburban guards

Potus 11-02-2013 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yumyums Inmahtumtums (Post 1169686)
Good to know - Kaladim was actually what I was thinking about in terms of xping off guards:
- appears to be lots of spawns.
- levels 40-43 (db to a 54).
- 1.3x xp over outdoor zones.
- stable loot.
- can bind at druid port in and vend.
- shrink cuz I'm a barb.
- dorfs.

Any other good cities out there? I'm thinking halas wouldn't be too bad if it weren't for the fact that I don't want to shit in my own backyard.

Dwarf guards are great lots of wanderers you can solo pull; so are the guards in Neriak.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SavageBeast15 (Post 1169853)
I hear that the high elf city has decent level guards, never personally done it so can't add too much, but a 55ish necro told me he's solo'd there so maybe try there if you're in the neighborhood checking kaladim

On live the Felwithe guards were paladins and LoH'ed and healed each other. If they're that way here I'd stay away and go kill gnome guards or something.

Champion_Standing 11-02-2013 11:01 PM

Killing dwarf guards as a barbarian is not RP.