Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Fasting. 2 days in. (/forums/showthread.php?t=377741)

magnetaress 02-03-2021 03:46 PM

Fasting. 2 days in.

Fucking headaches mates. Shit is annoying. Camomile tea helped.

Trying to de-drug. De-tox. That includes caffeine unfortunately. I was at 4oz coffee. But had a B.C. powder to which sadly has caffeine.

Gwaihir 02-03-2021 03:57 PM

Third day is better. Pray. Meditate. Rest in God's providence.

I have 2 more weeks until Lent, in which I go vegan again until 3 days before Easter, and then Fast entirely until Easter.

Whole Lamb shank in the freezer, with Mustard Seed, Rosemary, and Red Wine awaits on the other side.

Cassawary 02-03-2021 03:57 PM

de-drug? that's the cycle. :(

HalflingSpergand 02-03-2021 04:12 PM

I should do somehting like this but im so hungry and caffeinated

imperiouskitten 02-03-2021 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassawary (Post 3253935)

sometimes, in cycling, the cycle ends

Gravydoo II 02-03-2021 04:25 PM

I hope you feel better. Really, I feel for you. Thats so terrible. I'm sorry to hear it. PM me i'd like to ask you something, if you dont mind. If you dont, thats fine too. Still hope you feel better when its all said and done.

Imagine, you'll be rich if you stop drinking sodas, smoking cigarettes or whatever it may be, and the other stuff. Going to doctors is stupid expensive.

Naethyn 02-03-2021 04:39 PM

I was watching a star trek episode and they were stuck on a planet with limited provisions. Tuvok, a Vulcan, said he did not need to eat, because he had control over his self. This got me thinking about how much control hunger has. I decided to test myself and see how long I could go without eating, and I lasted 4 days. It was a very challenging experience, but it made me realize what power hunger has over my decisions and actions.

Gwaihir 02-03-2021 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Naethyn (Post 3253956)
I was watching a star trek episode and they were stuck on a planet with limited provisions. Tuvok, a Vulcan, said he did not need to eat, because he had control over his self. This got me thinking about how much control hunger has. I decided to test myself and see how long I could go without eating, and I lasted 4 days. It was a very challenging experience, but it made me realize what power hunger has over my decisions and actions.

The "Pains" of "Hunger" goes away on day 3. Something about 3 days does it. Christ was "dead" for 3 days. Winter Solstice lasts 3 days. Summer Solstice (St. John's Day) lasts 3 days.

Passover is 3 days before Easter.

magnetaress 02-03-2021 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gwaihir (Post 3253934)
Third day is better. Pray. Meditate. Rest in God's providence.

I have 2 more weeks until Lent, in which I go vegan again until 3 days before Easter, and then Fast entirely until Easter.

Whole Lamb shank in the freezer, with Mustard Seed, Rosemary, and Red Wine awaits on the other side.

Ya, idk how you can jump right into the lamb at the end, but you always got good taste. I prayed a little bit for my family. Going to idolate with some Dune.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassawary (Post 3253935)

Been totally off drugs for two months. Tbh broke my fist and someone else's property the other day, but wasn't keen to chest beat. They don't deserve it, but God demanded a blood price for their hubris and arrogance. Another good reason to fast. The state needs to deregulate and legalize drugs for everyone, not just the rich and their concubines.

Quote:

Originally Posted by HalflingSpergand (Post 3253941)
I should do somehting like this but im so hungry and caffeinated

I can respect were your at. Last year I was chugging the cola between alternate day fasting. And when I got out of the hospital in like feb last year, I just went to town on pizza, pasta, ate until comatose enough to sleep.

Quote:

Originally Posted by imperiouskitten (Post 3253948)
sometimes, in cycling, the cycle ends

God I hope so.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravydoo II (Post 3253949)
I hope you feel better. Really, I feel for you. Thats so terrible. I'm sorry to hear it. PM me i'd like to ask you something, if you dont mind. If you dont, thats fine too. Still hope you feel better when its all said and done.

Imagine, you'll be rich if you stop drinking sodas, smoking cigarettes or whatever it may be, and the other stuff. Going to doctors is stupid expensive.

Thanks, I totally agree. And the lizard people made the most effective drugs illegal and prohibitively expensive. Its also dumb to become reliant on drugs. Feel free to say, type, ask, whatever won't put a bullet through the forums.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Naethyn (Post 3253956)

That's like what got me started on it a few years ago. I think I started exploring fasts around 2018. After reading a bunch of religious stuff and watching documentaries. All that Vulcan stuff is steeped in religion. And Sarek is like their state sanctioned diety.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gwaihir (Post 3253958)
The "Pains" of "Hunger" goes away on day 3. Something about 3 days does it. Christ was "dead" for 3 days. Winter Solstice lasts 3 days. Summer Solstice (St. John's Day) lasts 3 days.

Passover is 3 days before Easter.

Ya. 3 days is wonderful. I hit a point were the pain and hunger vanishes, then it's kinda hard to stop.

Anyway, I'm doing this again for Health reasons. It's time to break with my hunger and personal desires and become ascetic.

Starting to feel more clear headed. Headache is subdued. Sometimes I think its mineral, salt, dehydration. Not hunger.

Gwaihir 02-03-2021 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by magnetaress (Post 3253966)
Starting to feel more clear headed. Headache is subdued. Sometimes I think its mineral dehydration. Not hunger.

Yes. Pottassium deficiency is the biggest problem with consistent, or prolongued fasting, and there's no effective supplement for pottassium, it is most abundantly found in a PLANT BASED diet ;)

Take some time to meditate in quiet consternation while you're up there; commune with God, if you Will.