Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Blue Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Let's Make ST Competitive. (/forums/showthread.php?t=369762)

Freakish 10-17-2020 08:30 PM

Let's Make ST Competitive.

Hello pals,

I see we've been playing the same game for 5 years now and I had an idea. Let's go for a Sleeper's Tomb sweep. The guild that can FTE and kill all 3 golems is the guild that deserves the best.

To make it interesting I'm putting up my Sceptre of Destruction as a prize. Here's how it works.

Starting November 01, 2020 12:01 AM EST the 3 ST Golems will reward each guild with 4 spots in my /random. After all 3 golems are dead, each guild or coalition will tally their kills and give me the names of 4 warriors per golem that they killed. At the end of it I will do a /random between the names provided. The names provided must be level 60 warriors with an ST key who can zone in to collect the prize.

This means I might get 4 names from Freedom, 4 from Kittens and 4 from Dawn Believers. I would then assign a name to each number, /random 1-12 and the person assigned to that number wins. The more golems you kill, the more your guild gets an opportunity at winning.

Why Such a Convoluted Method to /random?

This way you have 3 methods of variability in your chance to win.
  1. You must win the mob. This requires help from your guild.
  2. Your guild must decide your warrior is one of the ones eligible for rolling. Hopefully this weeds out some of the alt warriors who don't actually play their characters.
  3. You must defeat chance with a dice roll.

Briefs, your contest is stupid. We are going to ignore you, work together and take the sceptre from the winner then auction it off in EC for plat

Fantastic! I don't care how I get the 12 names. I will give the sceptre to the person who wins the roll. However, I believe you are all much too competitive to take this as anything but a challenge.

Can we pick a different class than warrior for the random?

No. I will only hand the Sceptre over to a level 60 warrior inside of Sleeper's Tomb. This is to prevent guilds from only allowing their top dkp hoarding toons a chance at taking what won't come around again.

Shenanigans happened! My guild was disqualified from these golems and it's just not fair!

If there happens to be a guild that is forced to make a concede or disqualified from the golems occuring on this date we can move it. If something happens during these golem kills that scream shenanigans and is unfair another method of distribution will be considered.

Ok. Why?

I don't play much these days, let someone who enjoys the game more than I wield some legacy loot.

Last point, I don't plan on policing who kills what. I don't pay attention to these forums much anymore. I am relying on guild representatives to post who got kills on this. Once all 3 golems are dead please post here and we can decide a time to do the roll.

k9quaint 10-17-2020 09:23 PM

Bard weapon.

Caball 10-17-2020 11:01 PM

What a homie move! If I could suggest one small change, it would be to require those warriors to be of the Troll race. No other race of warrior really deserves such an item, as we all are aware trolls are the superior race as far as warriors are concerned. Even more specific, only purple-eyed trolls are eligible, for the same reason stated before. Good luck to all contestants!

Solist 10-18-2020 06:40 AM

Bravo to one of the best dudes around.

remen 10-18-2020 08:19 AM

Very cool idea and contest, bravo!

Ashenden 10-18-2020 11:30 AM

Some warrior gon be happy. Cool.

Zipity 10-18-2020 12:19 PM

Big props to you!

Tunabros 10-19-2020 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zipity (Post 3194923)
Big props to you!

Damarous 10-19-2020 03:21 PM

woop woop. Can't wait to see the 3 (or is it 4?) active guilds in ST random off some loot

Evia 10-19-2020 03:37 PM

This is one of the coolest eq giveaway events I’ve seen. Awesome of OP.