Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Starting Zone (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Gem Drop (/forums/showthread.php?t=406480)

mgb64029 08-07-2022 12:56 AM

Gem Drop

Anyone ever buy gems to drop on the ground to transfer Plat to an alt?, if so what's the best gemstone to do that with?

loramin 08-07-2022 11:22 AM

The most expensive you can find :) But honestly OP, don't do that: it's like driving without insurance.

Now don't get me wrong: I've drop transferred Fungi Tunics before ... but I did it in very isolated locations, at off hours, knowing the risk. If I had been (or if you are) unlucky, and someone happens to walk by and pick the dropped item(s) up ... the items are lost: end of story.

If you just get a player to help you transfer the plat (not hard at EC Tunnel or Freeport bank, as there's almost always someone there willing to help), you do get "insurance": if that player tries to steal your plat, the staff will ban them and reimburse you. And because everyone except new players know this, no one will even try to steal your goods in the first place.

I promise, it's not hard: /tell randomStranger hey, do you have a few seconds to help me transfer some plat/items?

PatChapp 08-07-2022 02:41 PM

If noones around I do this with peridots. I believe all vendor gems are equal sell/buy ratios.

ScottBerta 08-07-2022 11:11 PM

Ruby’s are a good value.

But you can ask any 60 in Vanquish, Riot or Kittens and you won’t have a problem.

Tethler 08-08-2022 04:26 AM

Or tip a dial a port to do it, they help with transfers too. Tip is probably the same as the loss to gem conversion anyway, but you don't risk the gems from rotting if you crash or something.

Naonak 08-08-2022 08:01 AM

Anyone in EC tunnel, a guild tag helps, casual guilds/raid guild etc. IDK about Internet Tough Guys, but they are a guild.

Yes, you can petition to get your plat/items, but this can take sometimes months and months for item reimbursements as they are done in batches.

Yes, the offending player in question, will be banned for 7 day or more up to and including permanently.

Crawdad 08-08-2022 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mgb64029 (Post 3489683)
Anyone ever buy gems to drop on the ground to transfer Plat to an alt?, if so what's the best gemstone to do that with?

Peridots, I drop them into a trade window of a random Dial-a-Port'er. That or the bottom of the lake in WC.

GardylooGubbins 08-09-2022 09:48 AM

I'll add, sometimes item drops on the ground will just poof out of existence too. Really, most folks in the tunnel are trustworthy for a transfer. I've transferred with both guildies and random folks and never been burned.