Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Casters (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Dark elf mages and COTH (/forums/showthread.php?t=426818)

sajbert 12-18-2023 04:59 PM

Dark elf mages and COTH

Which places specifically can a dark elf (male or female?) not COTH at without being shrunk? I find that they're rather small as is and often can hide in places together with gnomes where other races can't.

Balimon 12-18-2023 08:05 PM

I'm not sure what you're asking, dark elves need to shrink to drop eyes just like the other medium/large races. Are you talking about hiding spots? Can't think of any in that case.

enjchanter 12-18-2023 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sajbert (Post 3666782)
Which places specifically can a dark elf (male or female?) not COTH at without being shrunk? I find that they're rather small as is and often can hide in places together with gnomes where other races can't.

The answer to your question is literally all places in all of the game.

Not shrunk and not gnome = no coth

Videri 12-19-2023 05:47 AM

It’s not about hiding. The small size of the Gnome model (or any sufficiently shrunken player) lets your character clip through walls far enough that summoning an Eye of Zomm causes it to appear inside the wall, fall out of bounds, and be automatically returned to the zone’s succor point. Then you can click on people who just entered the zone, invite them to your group, and Call of the Hero them.

If your mage is going to become a cothbot, it needs to be a Gnome or stocked with shrink potions. But depending on the frequency of use, you might need to restock frequently. Just go Gnome.

Toxigen 12-19-2023 12:13 PM

How on earth would coth have been used otherwise? lol

Crede 12-19-2023 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Videri (Post 3666844)
It’s not about hiding. The small size of the Gnome model (or any sufficiently shrunken player) lets your character clip through walls far enough that summoning an Eye of Zomm causes it to appear inside the wall, fall out of bounds, and be automatically returned to the zone’s succor point. Then you can click on people who just entered the zone, invite them to your group, and Call of the Hero them.

If your mage is going to become a cothbot, it needs to be a Gnome or stocked with shrink potions. But depending on the frequency of use, you might need to restock frequently. Just go Gnome.

Is this classic? The eye warp

Crede 12-19-2023 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sajbert (Post 3666782)

Load up on shrink pots and enjoy being a boss and not a gnome like every other mage.

Duik 12-19-2023 05:12 PM

Fuck there is some cheaty fucking exploits in this game. As the game morphed the best way a COTH mage can be useful is to literally cheat.
Congratz, 'sploit away people.
Also, gratz on even thinking of it.
Dunno of im impressed or depressed.

Videri 12-19-2023 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toxigen (Post 3666868)
How on earth would coth have been used otherwise? lol

I think maybe he didn’t know about the wall-eyeball thing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crede (Post 3666871)
Is this classic? The eye warp

I don’t know if it’s classic, but it might be. The point is that if you somehow go out of bounds, the game puts you back in a “safe” spot.

Videri 12-20-2023 05:42 AM

I guess the question is, is Gnomish wall vision classic? If so, then this probably is. Both mechanics work via clipping through the infinitesimally thin virtual walls of EQ zones.

What some call an exploit, others call emergent gameplay.