Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Blue Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Class(es) that get most/least mileage from BiS (/forums/showthread.php?t=309202)

commongood 10-18-2018 06:52 AM

Class(es) that get most/least mileage from BiS

Like the title says, which classes do you think benefit most from "BiS" end game gear. Looking at my necro I can see that of course it would be beneficial to my character, be that while raiding or otherwise, to have an additional 7-900 mana/hp but it actually feels like it equates to not that much. It's maybe 2 extra twitches I could fire off during a hard encounter. Of course resists help to survive AoEs but still... being a purecaster it just doesn't feel that impactful. More of a prestige thing.

ScaringChildren 10-18-2018 06:59 AM

Necros probably benefit most from items that give hp regen.

Melees usually benefit the most from items.

Cecily 10-18-2018 07:07 AM

Off the top of my head, I’d say there’s no class that’s more than +25% effective with BIS over some random newly 60 with an entry-level raiding kit. It’s more efficient to recruit a new person and get +75% of a person than to make one your old persons +25%. You can see this strategy (zerging) employed by every raiding guild on this server, ever, up until such a time when they get enough +25% people to do encounters with less people. This new strategy is called skill. :rolleyes:

zodium 10-18-2018 07:36 AM

I have no frame of reference for other classes, so I can't tell if it's the most, but the power difference between your average compost green-armored pushover and a proper purple, fully clickied up Druid is so vast--both in terms of encounters that can be attempted or meaningfully contributed to, and how much can be contributed--that they may as well be different classes.

Cecily 10-18-2018 07:38 AM

Agreed. 4 PoTGs instead of 3.

Ella`Ella 10-18-2018 07:40 AM

What's more impactful than gear is a player that actually knows mechanics and their class.

Taking it to the next level is a player that also knows how their class complements/works with other classes in their raid group.

I'll take that player in banded over half the people in BiS.

zodium 10-18-2018 07:40 AM

If your Druid can cast 4 POTGs in a row, you wasted a lot of DKP gearing them extremely wrong. :o

lol if your druid has more mana than HP, just lol

Cecily 10-18-2018 07:42 AM

Don’t worry, she’s got a turtle belt for +atk.

Tecmos Deception 10-18-2018 07:51 AM

I didn't read the OP as talking strictly about raiding. And BIS gear can make an incredibly amount of difference doing other stuff, like powerleveling friends, handling tougher camps with only 1-3 people, being a showoff (tunnelfashion epeen measuring aside, you know it's fun sometimes), etc. I think most of the time it's clickies and procs and worn effects that make the bigger difference, rather than just raw stats, unless maybe you're a pure melee class.

Pringles 10-18-2018 07:53 AM

BiS Shaman and Enchanter get the most mileage if you take them out and actually play non-raid content.

Gatmanno just mad he will never be Gatmanno the Pirate. :)