Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Red Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   Worth making a toon here? (/forums/showthread.php?t=328185)

HippoNipple 06-21-2019 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loadsamoney (Post 2927007)
When did this thread become about making fun of the fact that I lost my account to stupidity instead of making a toon on a server that needs players?

I tied the two together.

aaezil 06-21-2019 01:31 PM

Red has 25 people who box so 50 connected peak

Kohedron 06-21-2019 03:23 PM

I know it's fun to shit on Red, and for good reason for the most part.

I'd say it's worth a try though, and I only say that because if nothing else it's a fast-as-fuck exp private server. Want to try a class for the first time? Get it to level 50 playing casually for 2 weeks and find out if you like it or not.

Loadsamoney 06-21-2019 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kohedron (Post 2927135)
I know it's fun to shit on Red, and for good reason for the most part.

I'd say it's worth a try though, and I only say that because if nothing else it's a fast-as-fuck exp private server. Want to try a class for the first time? Get it to level 50 playing casually for 2 weeks and find out if you like it or not.

I thought Reds EXP rate was same as Blue, normal.

Sirlious Mudhbuth 06-22-2019 08:49 AM

Might I suggest Rise of Zek.

Higher population with pvp. Don't need to worry about getting banned for two boxing like most people do here.

Samaritan 06-22-2019 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sirlious Mudhbuth (Post 2927341)
Might I suggest Rise of Zek.

Higher population with pvp. Don't need to worry about getting banned for two boxing like most people do here.

Yes, go play on a server where you'll not only enjoy a significant gear disadvantage (as you would on Red), but also a large disparity in AA points as 95% of the pop have already ground out a few dozen.

The higher population just means more people in more places ready to kill you and destroy whatever it is you thought you were logging on to do! Fantastic.

enjchanter 06-22-2019 06:03 PM

Static group gained momentum today and acquired a necromancer !
Currently we are level 7 and level 8 and still LFM to start a small scale leveling guild of bros, PM of interested otherwise we will be xping tomorrow around noon-ish EST !

Salaryman 06-23-2019 02:12 AM

This server is great

aaezil 06-23-2019 02:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samaritan (Post 2927365)
Yes, go play on a server where you'll not only enjoy a significant gear disadvantage (as you would on Red), but also a large disparity in AA points as 95% of the pop have already ground out a few dozen.

The higher population just means more people in more places ready to kill you and destroy whatever it is you thought you were logging on to do! Fantastic.

Sounds like you are describing why eq pvp is bad.

Imagine playing a MMO without the Massively part

Kohedron 06-24-2019 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loadsamoney (Post 2927137)
I thought Reds EXP rate was same as Blue, normal.

Much faster on red. If I remember right, you get 50% exp bonus for each person you are getting exp with

so with a full group you gain multiple levels per session, easily