Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Technical Discussion (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Client just shuts down (/forums/showthread.php?t=5451)

Tallenn 04-06-2010 03:34 PM

Client just shuts down

I've run across a very irritating problem. I'll be playing the game (usually killing stuff), and the client will just shut down. I assume I go LD. So far, it hasn't caused any deaths, but it's only a matter of time. More importantly, the game is just unplayable if I know the game could crash at any time.

This has just started recently- I was playing fine for three weeks prior, then this past Sunday it happened 3 times within about a half hour of loading up.

I already updated my Nvidia drivers, and it is still happening.

Any ideas?

Atennu 04-06-2010 04:13 PM

Could very well deal with the issue the entire serving is facing. Please look at the front page and read Rogeans message to the server.

Tallenn 04-06-2010 05:55 PM

It's not that I'm going LD, my client is crashing- not locking up, just closing, as if I had hit the X button on the window.

It doesn't make sense to me that it could be related, but do you think it could be? If so, then I won't worry about it. I'll just wait until the issue is over with.

Bones 04-06-2010 06:03 PM

Hmm no it is not related. I used to have this issue years ago and forgot what i did to fix it. You using any form of WinEQ?

SpartanEQ 04-06-2010 06:45 PM

This happened to me a few days ago while I was looting my corpse. I picked-up two items and a skeleton ran up and hit me. As soon as it did, the game just vanished. I hadn't seen this problem before and haven't since.

Vista Business 64-bit, 8800 GTS 512

It didn't leave anything in the Application Logs.

Tallenn 04-06-2010 08:37 PM

No WinEQ, but I am running in Windowed mode. If I try to run in full screen, I have an invisible mouse cursor. THAT problem has been happening for as long as I can remember though, both on live, and in P99.

Sadface 04-14-2010 07:12 AM

I have the same problem with all of the eqemu servers. Client just randomly shuts down (every couple hours for me, usually after a pull heh)

Anyone have a solutions ?????????

Lill-Leif 04-14-2010 10:04 AM

Does shutting down apply only to Everquest or does it happens in other 3D games as well?

Im asking because of this season with warmer weather computers tend to run a bit hotter which might cause crashes/freezes..

Tallenn 04-15-2010 05:01 PM

It doesn't happen in EQ Live, and I don't really play any other games at the moment.

I got to thinking, and I wonder if it might be because of some UI changes I made. I made a bank window without the shared bank, and put in a line that stopped the xml file error from showing up even in default skin- I noticed that happens in live too, so I wonder if it's left unfixed on purpose because the fix causes crashes?

Anyway, the timing is such that it could very well be something I did in the UI files, since it started happening like right after I made that change. It didn't dawn on me until a couple of days ago that that could be it. When the server comes back up, I will give it a try with just the default UI, see if it is still crashing. Actually, I may give it a try in PEQ or something tonight...

Tallenn 04-16-2010 02:13 PM

Well, I played on PEQ last night for an hour to an hour and a half, and no crash. I'm thinking it's probably something to do with what I did in those UI files. I guess I'll just live with having shared bank slots on my bank window.

If it turns out it's still crashing, I'll update.