Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Technical Discussion (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Random Quick Freezing with Mobs around. (/forums/showthread.php?t=278826)

Olarin 08-01-2017 01:54 PM

Random Quick Freezing with Mobs around.

Anyone have any ideas what might have caused this issue? Started late last week.

I'll get random screen freezes that just last for a millisecond whenever mobs are around me. Can just be one mob the results are the same. I'll be turning and notice the quick freeze and then i'll be facing with my back to the mob. It will happen continually until everything is dead then the freezes will go away.

Doesn't seem to happen at all with player characters only npc's.

Tupakk 08-01-2017 03:20 PM

What's your fps sitting at if higher than 30 adjust to 30

Aadill 08-01-2017 03:43 PM

Do you have an SSD? I've noticed mine starts going crazy when some other background process might be running (Antivirus or similar) and all of the sudden EQ shutters like you wouldn't believe.

Another alternative is that you might be experiencing issues with multiple CPU cores, but that would "just start last week," so that's pretty unlikely.

Olarin 08-01-2017 05:01 PM

I generally keep my Max FPS in game set to 52 as I found that to be a comfortable setting. I can try lowering that to 30.

Yes I have a SSD, haven't noticed anything running in the background new recently. But yeah it's a recent development, never had this problem before coupled with the odd behavior of only NPC's creating the issue.

Ashintar 08-01-2017 05:02 PM

if you have logs on, are you excluding your EQ directory from AV real time scanning?

Olarin 08-01-2017 05:41 PM

Ooo that's a good call, I think this might have started when I started parsing logs. Let me check that tonight!

dafier 08-02-2017 01:38 PM

http://www.amd.com/en-us/products/memory/ramdisk

There is a free version. The EQ folder is less than 4GB so the free version will work. And, you can slim down the EQ folder even more by deleting zone files that don't exist in P99.

I had this problem even with an SSD (fast NAND, not crappy). WinEQ2 fixed a lot of stuff, then that AMD Ramdisk cleared everything up.

Triiz 08-02-2017 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dafier (Post 2564683)
http://www.amd.com/en-us/products/memory/ramdisk

There is a free version. The EQ folder is less than 4GB so the free version will work. And, you can slim down the EQ folder even more by deleting zone files that don't exist in P99.

I had this problem even with an SSD (fast NAND, not crappy). WinEQ2 fixed a lot of stuff, then that AMD Ramdisk cleared everything up.

I've been having a ton of problems with crashing, mostly while looting corpses, so I tried this^^ figuring I had nothing to lose. Holy shit does EQ load fast now. From server select to character select is so fast the theme music doesn't even have a chance to start.

Not sure if it will fix my crashing, but solid suggestion either way thanks Dafier.

Skew 08-03-2017 01:40 AM

If you run logs on and havent emptied those folders where that info piles up it will cause issues. go empty the log file for your toon and see if that helps.

Olarin 08-03-2017 10:32 AM

The log files were indeed my culprit! Thanks Ashintar for the correct guess and everyone else for the suggestions as well.